Call for AARs and videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for AARs and videos

I know lots of people use in-game recording software. Let's see some of those videos and your after-action reports.
    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Great thread Manner. Yes, I record, but I don't know how to edit it or post it Some help learning would be great!

Comment

What software do you use for recording, Asta?

Comment

Obs

Format: mp4

Comment

I found this Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditin...ting_software/

It should help get you started. I've got video editing experience using Sony Vegas Pro, but that's overkill.

Comment

I've found I'm unable to use either my FRAPS or software that comes with my Video card to record Squad. What is this OBS?

I'm using Premiere to edit .... now that's overkill on my pocketbook! I'd love to get some great in-game footage with you fellus.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

https://obsproject.com/

Do "Display Capture" to record.

Comment

Cool, just got OBS set up and the "Display Capture" tip got me finally on the right page. I recorded to FLV format and then "remux" to mp4 but it is really too lossy to be usable. I'm gonna have to fiddle with the settings until I can get a nice crisp capture.

I don't mind losing a little in-game response for the sake of a good capture. That just means I gotta shadow a good team to get the story.

Any more tips on good settings you got, I'm all ears.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                  I recorded to FLV format and then "remux" to mp4 but it is really too lossy to be usable. I'm gonna have to fiddle with the settings until I can get a nice crisp capture.
                  Curious why not just record straight into mp4? I downscale my recordings as well. I capture in 1920x1080 and downscale to 1280x720 using Bicubic @ 30fps. Have never recorded before Squad, so I just had to play with the settings till it worked decently.

Comment

Also, I had previously downloaded LightWorks for editing, but never did anything because I had no knowledge in posting. So, how does one post a video?

Comment

As far as I know, Asta, most people just post their videos to YouTube, then post links here.

Comment

Roger that.

Comment

My game is a little choppy and so if I am compressing the file at the same time I capture it is going to reduce the cpu I have available for the game. I have a 2 TB drive that is free for capturing video so I don't mind big files. I do wish I could import the flv files into my editor and let my Adobe products do the compressing. I wonder if there is a plug in available for that.

I've got a little thing going on YouTube for ArmA 3 but my channel as morphed into a mission editing channel. I'll just have to create a Squad play list now.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Last night, WOW, what a great last round that was! On Gorodok INF map as Militia, pretty much getting kicked in the face at Niva Lower. The FOB I placed to the north east is about the only thing keeping us in Niva Lower because the Russians fully committed to pushing us out. They were holding all of the vantage points REALLY well. We were barely holding on to the cap, when the FOB starts coming under fire. Managed to somehow beat that back. Having the feeling that the whole Russian team was at Lower, I took my Squad on a VERY far north then west flank to Bunker, where I placed a FOB to the north about 50m. I then moved out thinking it would be found swiftly, and the game would be just that much closer to over. I also felt I was taking my squad on a pointless mission to to Niva Upper, because Lower by that time went neutral. The other three squads managed to fight their way in long enough that my squad was able to neutralize Upper with no resistance, thus creating a double neutral situation. I then warned my squad that it is about to get crazy in Upper, and that it would be best to not have two people in the same building, nor to push out a door or window, but to let them come clear you out. This ended up being necessary and effective. The Russians sent a squad back to clear us, but that never worked, so they sent two. That didn't start working for them until it was too late, as they stayed mainly invested in Lower, and we received some assistance from Squad 2. We regained Lower, and Upper became the only attack point for either side. The Russians failed to recover all of their forces from Lower on the the bet they'd retake Upper, but we capped it. Just before we capped Upper, the FOB at Bunker went active, and all of the downed players spawned on the FOB that I never thought would come in handy lol. Because too many people went to Bunker to neutralize, we went neutral again at Upper for another double neutral. Fighting was intense the whole time. Half the team fought their way back to Upper and we managed to retake it, with Bunker swiftly following. Squad 1 was able to set up an MG that overlooked everything towards Russian Main, and that held them out for the longest time. The Russians then managed to flank us north behind our FOB and pin us down. That was a trick that almost cost us the cap point, but squad 2 managed to bust that up. After we resecured Bunker, and a few more minutes of intense fighting, we somehow pulled off winning by 237 tickets. Outside of some AMAZING gameplay and teamwork, that comes down to some incredible medicing. We all thought the game was over well before I made what felt like a last ditch effort to take Upper. We were getting it handed to us that bad. But that score comes down to people not giving up, and some down right good medics, and the points you get for capping. It was a great game. Had to say so.

Comment

Just joined a round of Kokan and thought I'd have a small squad, so I thought we'd have some fun with the rocket technical. As usual with my squad, things don't really turn out how you expect, but we're usually in for some fun and laughs.

A few quick seconds of funny moments. Just another round of Squad on TG...

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X