Things I would like to see in Squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I would like to see in Squad

With the hopefully imminent release of the next Squad update I've been thinking about things I would love to see in Squad in the future. Rather than write out a dirty great list I thought I'd include videos. Give you a better idea of what I would like to see, some of it wishful thinking of course but there you are.

Maybe just maybe some night ops if they can balance it right.

NATO. You mean the US? I kid.

I'd rather not have more special kits, but night-based maps would be amazing.
    Skud

Comment

I'm more of a conventional warfare guy, but a night ops map would be interesting to play given that both teams have NVGs.
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

As with most games with night mode, you run into issues of "gamma abuse" - would like to see some way around that as it would be a fun fight.

Comment

I would like to see basic gameplay mechanics and other simple minor stuff in the game:
          SL to SL comms
          FOBs not being overrun despite half a squad withing 30meters.
          "shooting at the wall you're taking cover behind"
          logistics actually dropping supplies not just "here's you numbers"
          being able to lock squads

Comment

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post
            I'm more of a conventional warfare guy, but a night ops map would be interesting to play given that both teams have NVGs.
            Oh don't get me wrong I love conventional warfare but I also kinda hope when Squad is feature complete they develop something in parallel (or a mod appears) that focuses on Special Mission Units or other Direct Action groups. I really, really miss the original Ghost Recon and R6.

Imagine those titles reimagined in the Squad engine. Most of the assets are already in place, just need new infantry models, new weapons etc. They could focus it on cqb and use it to test more radical system changes before considering introducing them to the core combined arms branch. Things like breaching explosives, optical systems etc. Plus if they're looking to raise some cash I have to believe that kind of game would sell like hot cakes.

Existing combined arms fans would potentially benefit from a broader scope of development and it would attract more players, who would potentially filter across to the core version. Everybody gets two games that cater to a broad spectrum of warfare.

Getting back to Squad. I can't wait for the British Army, air transport, bigger maps, the animation overhaul and core inventory update. In addition weapon resting, bipods for mg's and enhanced suppression and wounding effects.

Comment

I also want to shoot at a technical from the bench seat of a Littlebird at some point lol!

Annnd don't tell me that isn't Conventional lol, tell that to the Royal Marines that strapped themselves to the stubby wings of an Apache and flew into a Taliban Fort to rescue a mate, shooting all the way.

Comment

I miss having choppers! especially littlebirds!
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

I would like to see fantasy type warrior women wearing the tiny tactical IPE that makes men squirm. All I ever see men and men with beards. If other games can have it why not squad?

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I would like to see a Medical Trauma Response wheel implemented for medics. That way we have different ways to fix certain wounds. Taking out the ability to heal a person to full health and letting the medics use their supplies wisely on the battlefield to dress different wounds would be crazy awesome. It also would prevent people from feeling like Rambo so often....

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post

Oh don't get me wrong I love conventional warfare but I also kinda hope when Squad is feature complete they develop something in parallel (or a mod appears) that focuses on Special Mission Units or other Direct Action groups. I really, really miss the original Ghost Recon and R6.

Imagine those titles reimagined in the Squad engine. Most of the assets are already in place, just need new infantry models, new weapons etc. They could focus it on cqb and use it to test more radical system changes before considering introducing them to the core combined arms branch. Things like breaching explosives, optical systems etc. Plus if they're looking to raise some cash I have to believe that kind of game would sell like hot cakes.

Existing combined arms fans would potentially benefit from a broader scope of development and it would attract more players, who would potentially filter across to the core version. Everybody gets two games that cater to a broad spectrum of warfare.

Getting back to Squad. I can't wait for the British Army, air transport, bigger maps, the animation overhaul and core inventory update. In addition weapon resting, bipods for mg's and enhanced suppression and wounding effects.
                      Same here. Both the GR and Rainbow Six franchises these days are a complete joke from what they once were. I was thinking the same thing about Squad or a modification heading in that direction as well. If anybody remembers the old Half Life mod Hostile Intent, they would switch the player models and kit loadouts up depending on the map objective. One map might be all counter-terrorists disarming explosives in a hotel while another map would be regular infantry in semi-open territory so there was a nice balance.

Has the Squad level editor been released to the public yet? It's been ten years since I last used the Unreal editor and the map bug has struck again. I'd be interested in putting together some interior only CQB testing maps just to see how it would work.

Comment

Hi Assault9, I came across this a few weeks ago, and I think it may be what you are wanting to know. http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/21...tting-started/

Comment

Originally posted by Asta85 View Post
                          Hi Assault9, I came across this a few weeks ago, and I think it may be what you are wanting to know. http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/21...tting-started/
                          Hey Asta85! Thanks very much for that, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
                            I would like to see a Medical Trauma Response wheel implemented for medics. That way we have different ways to fix certain wounds. Taking out the ability to heal a person to full health and letting the medics use their supplies wisely on the battlefield to dress different wounds would be crazy awesome. It also would prevent people from feeling like Rambo so often....
                            I like this, but they would need to be careful with it. I haven't seen it, but apparently the medic system in ARMA games is pretty burdensome. You want something that has an incredibly easy user interface, but still requires some thought on the medic's behalf, some simple rationing and triage-ing decisions, along with the drag (which is apparently coming eventually). With most weapons, people can really master them and be amazing at them with practice. With being a medic, you can learn the basics, risk management and other 'what not to do's,' but then it tops out pretty quick. You're just the dude holding a magic bag to a dude's balls while other people are hollering at you, watching a little icon turn a nicer green colour.

I know they have plans to update the medic thing. It'll be very interesting to see where it goes.

Also, check this out to see a list of confirmed Squad plans. It's a bit out of date though. https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/c...whats_planned/

Comment

I enjoy playing the complex medical systems in ArmA, because as medic it keeps me engaged in the game. BUT a complex medical system means MORE downtime for casualties and an increase in them giving up. While it's more fun for the medics, it's less fun for everyone else. It's a tricky problem - I don't envy the squad dev assigned to that one :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X