Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps

So are we using all of the available maps on the TG server? Gettin' a little bored of the current ones. I don't see Gorodok too often. Makes me wonder if there's more that aren't in play. I'm hoping Goro gets put back in rotation with the update. I'm for more options, even if people don't love certain maps. It mixes it up more. When you play the same maps too much it starts to be ground-hog day with strategies.

I'll throw in a quick poll since I just noticed this feature and it looks fun. :)

Thanks,
    Tim
    Better to have all maps.
    66.67%
    Better to just have a limited selection of the ones people like.
    33.33%

There are a few maps that we don't currently run that will 100% for certain be included in rotations after A9 is released.

Gorodock is currently not run because of how it plays out with the current flag layouts. It is a map that is highly conducive to rushing, more so than others. It will definitely be featured in future rotations. Logar Valley is also not in the rotation for the same reasons.

Op First Light is also not run in the current rotation due to the size of the map. We may revisit this map after A9 as well.

There are other layers of maps that are also not currently being run because of poor flag layouts or imbalance (for example, the Kohat AAS layer featuring US v Taliban).

We also do not run insurgency because we do not feel that that game mode works very well right now.

We are currently hamstrung by the lack of maps (despite the layers available) and their size. This will be changing very, very soon.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

What about changing factions so I'm not always facing the US team?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
        What about changing factions so I'm not always facing the US team?
        Known issue. Solution unknown/pending.

Comment

I'm glad we don't run Insurgency. I was never into that in PR either.

There does seem to be an issue of being Russia, Militia, Russia, Militia all night. Glad there's thinking being done about it. I guess once more maps come out a careful order can be crafted that makes sure people experience different factions in an evening.

Comment

I hope there will be some asymmetrical maps allowed to stay on the server. I've noticed over time these get cut a lot, when a map is more difficult for one side.
            There is e.g. a version of Kokan AAS but with insurgents, which was my favorite map, especially playing insurgent.
            The insurgents are forced to use the spg-techies and/or rpgs effectively, which is very hard but also very possible. That made it the best map for me.

Nearly all combat is asymmetrical today. The instances of symmetrical combat since WW2 have been very rare afaik. The game works well as an e-sport with basically mirrored factions, but what we see in the world today is e.g. things like Mosul where they are fighting months for each block for days or weeks with one side having air support. Games have been doing all time periods, but the gameplay has remained the symmetrical combat of WW2 games. PR was one of the only games to dare tackling asymmetrical combat.

Comment

Originally posted by theBunnie View Post
              I'm glad we don't run Insurgency. I was never into that in PR either.

There does seem to be an issue of being Russia, Militia, Russia, Militia all night. Glad there's thinking being done about it. I guess once more maps come out a careful order can be crafted that makes sure people experience different factions in an evening.
              Yeah, I know this is an issue. Right now the only way to get this right is to open the Squad Editor, examine the settings on each map and get Team 1 and Team 2 settings, per layer. I wish there were an easier way, or that we had a 'randomize teams' function available to us, but we currently do not. Once I see what admin goodies are included in A9 (probably none - sore subject), I will probably fire up the editor to try to address this issue, at least until there is another release.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Interesting thoughts, Al. If a realistic theatre is what they're after, they would certainly need to simulate what you call asymmetrical battles. What do you think about having it realistic within all the weapons and tools, but balancing it out with ticket distribution so that insurgents could still win by just giving the super-powers a hard time for long enough. I think this is sort of attempted already, isn't it?

Yes powers aren't symmetrical anymore, but considering the progress the US has made in places like Afganistan, which was invaded 16 years ago, Insurgents seem to do quite well by just by annoying the superpowers and, quite sadly, dying a lot and getting angrier.

Comment

Asymmetrical warfare happens over years, not hours. I just can't see my wife letting me play that much.
                  |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Haha! Awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed