V9 tips, tricks and observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
    This discussion on the vehicles made me ask Socom and xmaster (afaik) to engage two strikers at once. Got both!

And on topic:

Tip be careful on Kohat with long range battles. This week I found my squad returning fire on a striker at 2km range. After a minute I figured out where he was on the map. Turns out... in the main base. An issue that will pop up more and more on this map. Proper use of the vehicles on this map logically leads to this bc of the main base positioning.
    Correct ;) And damn that was intense. That was an amazing round.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post

Correct ;) And damn that was intense. That was an amazing round.
      Good to see you in here Alex - time to dust of the pink shirt and get in for this weekend, sexy accent included

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post

Good to see you in here Alex - time to dust of the pink shirt and get in for this weekend, sexy accent included
        Sadly I'm out of town for the whole week-end.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

A big difference in V9 is FOB placement (specifically the Radio, not the HAB) by Squad Leaders. I've seen too many Sl's who are used to the old system where the players spawned directly on the Radio.

Because the Radio is no longer a literal spawn point, the only reason now a team would need to access the Radio is if the Radio is being dug up by the enemy. This means that placing the Radio in an easily defended and accessed location is extremely imperative. It may seem counter intuitive, but placing the Radio in an open area (in the middle of a courtyard instead of in a building) creates a situation where the Radio is now extremely easy to defend. A single grenade or nearby player can easily clear the Radio of enemies.

The old method of placing the radio stealthily away in the corner of a building provides a massive advantage to the attacker. 1 attacker can easily dig up the radio while his buddy can watch a single doorway or entryway and stop the defenders for long enough to prevent their intervention.
          Last edited by C0pernicus; 04-18-2017, 05:21 PM.

Distinguished Squad Leader

Comment

I think I'm going to start deploying the hab on top of the radio..

Comment

I like having the radio smack dab in the open if you know your FOB will be in the mix of things.

clear line of sight and easily defended.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X