Crazydrunks Thoughts on Squad leading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0pernicus View Post

This is most applicable when they say they are playing defense.

We cannot count the amount of times a non-TG squad has been tasked with defending a capture point, only to find out 2 minutes later the entire defensive perimeter has disintegrated because their squad leader got wind of an enemy fob 10 grid squares away.
    This could not of been better spoken lol. Many times when I'm SL I'll ask a squad if they are staying back to defend and they will be all "Righto chap cheerio" only for me to look at the map and see them all pushed to the next point. Then having to yell at them over SL chat only to get a "We don't need to be there no one is attacking" and from there i just facepalm. Trying to explain that regardless if there is anyone there at the moment or not they will be at some point is like talking to a wall. Has anyone seen if they have said anything about implementing a Commander role in squad? Could honestly be exactly what PRs was, maybe then people would listen a bit more. It seems a lot is SLs will ask what you want them to do so basically your already trying to play a Commander role and shoot people at the same time lol. For those of you that do not know the commander in Project Reality basically could talk to all squads or individual (obviously), they had a UAV that they could spot enemy movements with, they could call in an area attack (JDAM,artillery), and could put separate marks on the map for each squad. Obviously this would be like way down the line somewhere.

Comment

Commander role is confirmed - not sure when, though.

Just for a point of hope in the CO role at TG (from our rules):

1. Tactical Gamer requires players to follow the orders of their squad leaders and/or their commander. Failure to follow orders can result in removal from the server. To avoid any conflicts, make sure that you communicate with the commanding officer.
      In English, SL's follow the orders of the CO, squad members follow the orders of your SL. I think that's what you call the "chain of command" - what a novel concept.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
      |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Guess I spent 20 some odd years being wrong about what the chain of command was.

Here I thought it was the chain I beat you with until you do what I tell you to. Huh... who knew?

Comment

Good news is when Disposable is playing we never have to worry about defense :D lol

Comment

Originally posted by Celt View Post
            Guess I spent 20 some odd years being wrong about what the chain of command was.

Here I thought it was the chain I beat you with until you do what I tell you to. Huh... who knew?
            That's the "Chain of Commanding". Common enough mix up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X