This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] SweetFX fix for blur

I am sure some of you have already been using these, but I decided it was a good idea to write a guide on how to quickly install and run SweetFX.
    • First, start up Squad and set it to Borderless mode in your graphics settings.
    • Then go download this file - Nordics SweetFX
    • Unpack it to a folder somewhere and run ReShade_Setup_3.0.6.exe and point it to your Squad directory. This was automatically detected for me, but in case it isn't for you, here's the location:
      X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Squad\Squad\Binaries\ Win64\Squad.exe
    • MAKE SURE you use the above directory
    • Choose OpenGL, on the question to download standard effects, press Yes.
    • When choosing which to install: Click Uncheack all, then select Clarity, Colorfulness and LumaSharpen
    • Close reshade and take the file "NORDICS FANTASTIC CONFIG" and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Binaries\ Win64
    • Start Squad and go into Firing Range.
    • Press shift+F2 to open menu > Press Continue > in the red bar, press the drop down arrow and select NORDICS FANTASTIC CONFIG.
      (You should only have one choice and you might not see the full file name)
      > Press continue > Press continue again > Press Finish > Press the "Settings" tab > Click the empty bar were it says "Effects toggle key"
      Then press whatever key you want as a hotkey to toggle / turn SweetFX off.
    • Close Shift + F2 to close the menu. You're done.
    Whole process took under 5 minutes. I lost a few frames from this preset but it instantly sharpened my game up. Try it out and let me know how you get on.

Yes yes and yes! +Rep Jeepo

Comment

Does this have to be redone every patch? Normally I wait until full release before I start adding mods due to the updates to the game being drastic at times

Comment

Nope - it should stick around just fine, it did for me.

Either way its a 1 minute process.

Comment

It's like putting on glasses and for the first time seeing clearly. I keep switching back to originial and getting the feeling I have to squint. This is godsent!
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

I made some tweaks to Nordics config. Personally I found the colors were being brought forward too much. I have tried to preserve the clarity while keeping the colors closer to the original in the game.

If you try it out and like it let me know!

Anyone know how to keep the steam overlay working with this enabled?
            Attached Files

Comment

Known issue with steam overlay, but it allows you to easily alt tab which is my work around.

Comment

Thanks for the presets, definitely looks better.
                Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by AstroCat View Post
                  Thanks for the presets, definitely looks better.
                  Come pew with us - I like shooting the 6th! You guys take a bullet like a pro!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post

Come pew with us - I like shooting the 6th! You guys take a bullet like a pro!
                    Haha... will do! I haven't played too much squad since launch, but it seems the game has progressed nicely and it might be a good time to jump in.
                    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I love it as it is, got some screens to see the difference?

Comment

Before

After
                        ​​​​​​​

Comment

it makes the game brighter?

Comment

That's jeepo's config, and it seems to saturate the colours a bit. But in it makes it alot sharper if you look for example on the gloves, weapon, trees
                            ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
                              it makes the game brighter?
                              There are a lot of configs available for it. It does post-processing on the images and allows you to adjust colors, sharpness, etc. So if one config is too bright for you you can always try a different one. The huge difference is the crispness of the images now - no longer does everything look fuzzy and blurred. You probably won't even realize just how fuzzy the game is until you try this out, and then you'll never want to go back.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X