No announcement yet.

SweetFX fix for blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out mike000's preset if you want one that pretty much "just" cleans up the blurry image. I'm using it and so far really liking it.
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Is this supported by the developers? I don't want to chance having their anti cheat view this as a cheat

Comment

It's perfectly legal. You won't get banned by EAC for it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
        |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
          Is this supported by the developers? I don't want to chance having their anti cheat view this as a cheat
          I've seen comments from the Devs that the game cleans up pretty nice with Reshade/SweetFX, so they are definitely aware of it and it's not an issue. I run SweetFX as well and I find the greatest benefit is it cleans up the "pixel blur" that happens at around 200M distance in-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
            In fact some of the devs use it.

Comment

Oh and btw, if you use 3.0.7 it is not EAC whitelisted and you will get booted. It will be added, just hasn't yet, so use 3.0.6 which works fine with both the previous profiles.
              Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post

There are a lot of configs available for it. It does post-processing on the images and allows you to adjust colors, sharpness, etc. So if one config is too bright for you you can always try a different one. The huge difference is the crispness of the images now - no longer does everything look fuzzy and blurred. You probably won't even realize just how fuzzy the game is until you try this out, and then you'll never want to go back.
                Gaunt , disposableHero are right, when you see that the game is to much fuzzy you will never go back! And also as Dispo said, you can setup as your manner.

I just had a "problem" that after activating this FX I can not use the shift + tab to open the steam in game. Does anyone know how to solve it?
                I know I can use the alt + tab to change the tasks, but sometimes I miss opening the steam in game to check what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by BitmapLuke View Post

Gaunt , disposableHero are right, when you see that the game is to much fuzzy you will never go back! And also as Dispo said, you can setup as your manner.

I just had a "problem" that after activating this FX I can not use the shift + tab to open the steam in game. Does anyone know how to solve it?
                  I know I can use the alt + tab to change the tasks, but sometimes I miss opening the steam in game to check what I need.
                  The Steam console not working with this is a known issue. Not sure if or when there will be a fix for it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                  |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Yeah it won't work in borderless mode. No clue if/when it will be fixed. I use 3 monitors and can alt tab if needed.

Comment

^ reason I won't use it.

Comment

I'm using mikes config, the standard one is a bit too bright for me. Works great, will not switch back. So much more comfortable on the eyes. Thanks for the guide&config.

Comment

It is really easy to mess with the effects yourself in the overlay menu, I only use

Curves
                          Clarity on 4
                          Lumasharpen with sharpness turnt up

Looks good.
                          Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

With 9.4, the SweetFx fix is no longer necessary IMO.
                            There is a sharpening slider bar in graphics settings that will get the job done.
                            Also, consider using SMAA instead of TXAA; SMAA is not nearly as soft/blurry.

How to uninstall SweetFx:
                            delete SweetFx files from
                            C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Binaries\ Win64

Basically, delete all files EXCEPT for squad.exe and steamappid.txt

Unrelated to SweetFx, some people have been complaining how bright the desert maps are. Toggling Eye Adaptation setting fixed it for some.

Comment

Cool, I'll check out 9.4 without ReShade.

Comment

I tried both Nordic's config and Mike's config. Mike's config is far superior in my opinion. It took a little getting used to, but I prefer the game with the FX on.

I also tried using the screen sharpening in 9.4 and found little effect when using vanilla. But when coupled with the FX mod, screen sharpening made a big difference. I liked it at about .5

I tried the various AA settings and found that SMAA was less blurry, but still considerably blurrier than the FX mod. I still think the FX mod is a nice addition. Hopefully in the future its no longer necessary.
                                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X