Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotty
    replied
    Used the write-up from Jeepo . Made the game more enjoyable and 'pop', I shift+f2 everytime I load up now. Thank you, the vanilla looks of the game are washedout and bland even given the engine, but those will fix with time. I can now enjoy the sounds more ontop of more pronounced colors

Leave a comment:

• AstroCat
    replied
    These are kinda fun to check out...http://www.ferrius.eu/reshade/

And, no issues yet with 3.0.8 reShade.

Leave a comment:

• Takker
    replied
    I was unable to get Squad to launch tonight... kept getting UE-4 error on launch. Updated NVIDIA and EAC, but no luck. I removed SweetFX and it started up just fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

GTX1070 on Windows 7

Leave a comment:

• socomseal93
    replied
    I have AA on still. Either SMAA or T+ FXAA works well imo.

Leave a comment:

• Takker
    replied
    Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
    I tried the various AA settings and found that SMAA was less blurry, but still considerably blurrier than the FX mod. I still think the FX mod is a nice addition. Hopefully in the future its no longer necessary.
    So... do you turn AA off when using SweetFX?

Leave a comment:

• socomseal93
    replied
    I tried both Nordic's config and Mike's config. Mike's config is far superior in my opinion. It took a little getting used to, but I prefer the game with the FX on.

I also tried using the screen sharpening in 9.4 and found little effect when using vanilla. But when coupled with the FX mod, screen sharpening made a big difference. I liked it at about .5

I tried the various AA settings and found that SMAA was less blurry, but still considerably blurrier than the FX mod. I still think the FX mod is a nice addition. Hopefully in the future its no longer necessary.

Leave a comment:

• AstroCat
    replied
    Cool, I'll check out 9.4 without ReShade.

Leave a comment:

• BleedingKnee
    replied
    With 9.4, the SweetFx fix is no longer necessary IMO.
    There is a sharpening slider bar in graphics settings that will get the job done.
    Also, consider using SMAA instead of TXAA; SMAA is not nearly as soft/blurry.

How to uninstall SweetFx:
    delete SweetFx files from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Binaries\ Win64

Basically, delete all files EXCEPT for squad.exe and steamappid.txt

Unrelated to SweetFx, some people have been complaining how bright the desert maps are. Toggling Eye Adaptation setting fixed it for some.

Leave a comment:

• Paine
    replied
    It is really easy to mess with the effects yourself in the overlay menu, I only use

Curves
    Clarity on 4
    Lumasharpen with sharpness turnt up

Looks good.

Leave a comment:

• BigGaayAl
    replied
    I'm using mikes config, the standard one is a bit too bright for me. Works great, will not switch back. So much more comfortable on the eyes. Thanks for the guide&config.

Leave a comment:

• Gaunt
    replied
    ^ reason I won't use it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeepo
    replied
    Yeah it won't work in borderless mode. No clue if/when it will be fixed. I use 3 monitors and can alt tab if needed.

Leave a comment:

• disposableHero
    replied
    Originally posted by BitmapLuke View Post

Gaunt , disposableHero are right, when you see that the game is to much fuzzy you will never go back! And also as Dispo said, you can setup as your manner.

I just had a "problem" that after activating this FX I can not use the shift + tab to open the steam in game. Does anyone know how to solve it?
    I know I can use the alt + tab to change the tasks, but sometimes I miss opening the steam in game to check what I need.
    The Steam console not working with this is a known issue. Not sure if or when there will be a fix for it.

Leave a comment:

• BitmapLuke
    replied
    Originally posted by disposableHero View Post

There are a lot of configs available for it. It does post-processing on the images and allows you to adjust colors, sharpness, etc. So if one config is too bright for you you can always try a different one. The huge difference is the crispness of the images now - no longer does everything look fuzzy and blurred. You probably won't even realize just how fuzzy the game is until you try this out, and then you'll never want to go back.
    Gaunt , disposableHero are right, when you see that the game is to much fuzzy you will never go back! And also as Dispo said, you can setup as your manner.

I just had a "problem" that after activating this FX I can not use the shift + tab to open the steam in game. Does anyone know how to solve it?
    I know I can use the alt + tab to change the tasks, but sometimes I miss opening the steam in game to check what I need.

Leave a comment:

• AstroCat
    replied
    Oh and btw, if you use 3.0.7 it is not EAC whitelisted and you will get booted. It will be added, just hasn't yet, so use 3.0.6 which works fine with both the previous profiles.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X