Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Map Rotation

Good Morning,

Regarding the map rotation on the server, it seems that almost every time I play between 9PM EST and Midnight EST it's the same three/four maps. As much as I like Al Basrah, I haven't played on Op first Light, Logar Valley, or Chora is long time. Am I just missing the times that these maps are in rotation?

My guess is that after seeding happens at around 5-7PM the map rotation is set and when I get on around 9ish I find the same maps. That's just speculation, but it kind of makes sense to me.

So on the real question - are their ways to automatically randomize the map playlist or does it just load them in order?

Thanks.

OP First Light is an amazing map IMO

Comment

Map list is set by the admin team. We do change it often, however the current list has been in place for the past week so I imagine it might be getting a bit stale.

Op First Light is out of the general rotation as the size (or lack thereof) of the map is not conducive to the type of play we encourage at TG. Logar is not played for some of the same reasons, although it may come back for a trial since 9.4 has changed the dynamic of the game.

Insurgency layers are not run as we consider the game mode broken in it's current state. We will revisit that game mode once it is updated.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Thanks for explaining Disposable. I'm not a fan on Insurgency layers either at the moment. What are the admin's thought on the AAS v2 layers, like on Kohat?

I will say the evening version of Al Basrah is much nicer than the daylight one IMO, as my eyes are not bleeding from the brightness levels...

Comment

Kohat AASv2, where the insurgents start with all but 1 flag (the bridge flag) is generally a crap-show for the insurgent team. Perhaps in organized play it would be ok, but in a general public match we find that the insurgent team gets destroyed by the superior optics of the US team. It is a server killer on the insurgent team. We much prefer AAS v1 where the play is a little more balanced. When the insurgent team receives a little more asymmetrical love we will revisit that layer.

As a side note, Kohat is a 4km map that would be served very well by a new pass over it to utilize more of the available area, similar to Gorodok and Yehorivka have received. It is has potential to be a great map if the available terrain were better utilized.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Pro-ActiveDeath View Post
            I will say the evening version of Al Basrah is much nicer than the daylight one IMO, as my eyes are not bleeding from the brightness levels...
            I was wondering the same thing about the evening version of Al Basrah. Any quick thoughts on that Dispo?

Comment

Played fools road tonight with a different flag layout and loved it. Al Basrah is awesome in all forms.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X