New Classes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Classes?

Due to a conversation in discord I thought I would start a discussion on what classes everyone would like to see in squad. The whole point of this is to just brainstorm and share ideas and have fun!

So I'll start it off

I think there should be a Team Leader class. The whole point behind the class would be to help assist the SL with more menial tasks and if the SL is occupied/dead.

So some things the Team Leader can do:

- Place rally points: The rally won't have 10 spawns but 3-5. This is so if a rally would to go down and the SL is dead then that squad has another chance to stay in the fight. Otherwise all rules would apply for that rally just like any other. This would also give way to more small unit tactics and let squads operate in teams.
    - Place deployables: There would be a smaller option to what he/she could deploy for example things like ammo crates, vehicle repair stations and HABs.
    - Place markers on maps: This would help the SL if he is in a firefight or just occupied with another task so enemy locations can be placed on the map and the SL isn't asking for coordinates again after finishing whatever he was doing.

So far that is what I have thought of for that class. Feel free to add on or share another idea for a class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Wook1e View Post
    Due to a conversation in discord I thought I would start a discussion on what classes everyone would like to see in squad. The whole point of this is to just brainstorm and share ideas and have fun!

So I'll start it off

I think there should be a Team Leader class. The whole point behind the class would be to help assist the SL with more menial tasks and if the SL is occupied/dead.

So some things the Team Leader can do:

- Place rally points: The rally won't have 10 spawns but 3-5. This is so if a rally would to go down and the SL is dead then that squad has another chance to stay in the fight. Otherwise all rules would apply for that rally just like any other. This would also give way to more small unit tactics and let squads operate in teams.
    - Place deployables: There would be a smaller option to what he/she could deploy for example things like ammo crates, vehicle repair stations and HABs.
    - Place markers on maps: This would help the SL if he is in a firefight or just occupied with another task so enemy locations can be placed on the map and the SL isn't asking for coordinates again after finishing whatever he was doing.

So far that is what I have thought of for that class. Feel free to add on or share another idea for a class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FIre Team Leader is coming I believe.

See this article for confirmation of FTL: http://www.bf-games.net/news/10815/s...ma.html?page=2

No to rally points.
    No to deployables.
    Yes to markers (visible only to the members of the fire team)

Otherwise you have rally point spam (1 placed by SL with 9 spawns, 2 by each FTL with 6-10 spawns, that's 15-19 spawns per squad). Rally points actually need to be nerfed a little bit, not the other way around. Winning a fire fight should mean something; you get control of the area for a while. Right now, there is basically no end to a fight with rally points everywhere and HABs. Adding 2 more rallies per squad just mean that infantry fights are going to become COD matches.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post

FIre Team Leader is coming I believe.

See this article for confirmation of FTL: http://www.bf-games.net/news/10815/s...ma.html?page=2

No to rally points.
      No to deployables.
      Yes to markers (visible only to the members of the fire team)

Otherwise you have rally point spam (1 placed by SL with 9 spawns, 2 by each FTL with 6-10 spawns, that's 15-19 spawns per squad). Rally points actually need to be nerfed a little bit, not the other way around. Winning a fire fight should mean something; you get control of the area for a while. Right now, there is basically no end to a fight with rally points everywhere and HABs. Adding 2 more rallies per squad just mean that infantry fights are going to become COD matches.
      I can see the problem that would arise with having the option to spawn more rallies. That is a great point

Comment

Commander Class:
        - New Skin
        - Should be able to move, add, kick players from squads
        - Set map markers for attack/defend/move with squad number emblems.
        - Is able to build all deployment objects just as normal SL's can.

Assistant Squad Leader (ASL):
        - New Skin
        - Should be able set his own attack/defend/move markers
        - Should be able to deploy ammo crates and sand bags, nothing else
        - Should also have ACOG/Bino's available
        - Should NOT have shared SL voice communication channel
        - Should NOT be able to deploy RP's

My main goal in my post is to make sure SL's are view as leaders and not just another soldier. You need the leadership, a Commander is unable to order 50 individuals, but they can get 5 SL's in line, those 5 SL's in turn can manage their 7 other soldiers with help from the ASL if needed.

Commander class should just sit in the back and get every SL on the same page and organize their team.

Comment

I like the idea of a "Fire Team Leader" but I have a slightly different take on it
          - Should be designated by the squad leader, so SL does not have to use FTL if he doesn't want. Also prevents trolls from getting the role and deleting markers
          -FTL should be able to add and delete markers
          - FTL should be allowed to place a rally point, but it only has 1 spawn and only the Squad Leader can use it
          - FTL can be using any kit they want, does not matter. Only kit benefit is they get binoculars
          - FTL can place sandbags and ladders, that's it.

Additionally, it would be cool if the SL could dynamically place people into "Fire Teams" and the fire team would have a different color, like orange. So then its easier for the SL to break his squad in half and have someone lead the fire team.

|TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I still stand by Radio Operator and Sapper, and changing the sorts of markers that can be used by people with map access. Micromanahement for things like building sandbags and placing map markers and communicating across squads could be taken off the SL allowing them more time to focus on what actually needs to be done with logistics, attack, and defense instead of map awareness and menial building placements. Also giving a Sapper the ability to maybe cut razor wire or blow assets up with C4 would be cool as long as they made sure it wasn't spammable

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X