Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ribbon Awards July 7, 2017

All

The Squad Admin team is pleased to announce our latest recipients of recognition for excellence by their peers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distinguished Squad Leader, Class 1

Awarded for: The Distinguished Squad Leader Service Ribbon is for those who demonstrate an exceptional ability to lead others in a squad capacity, utilizing tactics, battlefield awareness, communication and strategy.

Nomination:

Who: C0pernicus

What: Distinguished Squad Leader

When: Specifically this action: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...21#post1796621

Why: C0pernicus has been an excellent squad leader each and every time I have had the pleasure of working with him. However, I felt it best to highlight this specific circumstance as I believe it exemplifies a unique situation in which his abilities as a squad leader were utilized incredibly effectively.

We were running a mortar squad on Chora PAAS v1 as the United States, and C0pernicus was able to go above and beyond the typical mortar squad not only in combat effectiveness, but in squad command. This was best seen in his ability to not only prioritize targets and give accurate and timely targeting information, but in his commendable ability to delegate roles and tasks to the squad, and rotate people between those roles in order to keep each squad member engaged and focused.

This particular battle ended in the best results I have seen from a mortar squad, and would have been incredibly difficult to manage from an SL perspective due to the sheer number of requests from other squads for mortar support. While I could not hear comms between squads, I can only imagine that C0pernicus was just as busy working with the rest of the team as he was with our squad. The fact that he was able to work with both, I feel, highlights what makes C0pernicus deserving of this ribbon.

His ability to keep the rest of the squad engaged and focused, along with his tactical and team oriented approach brings results, and is definitely inspiring to those such as myself who are still very much learning how to SL effectively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distinguished Squad Leader, Class 1

Awarded for: The Distinguished Squad Leader Service Ribbon is for those who demonstrate an exceptional ability to lead others in a squad capacity, utilizing tactics, battlefield awareness, communication and strategy.

Nomination:

Who: Celt

What: Distinguished Squad Leader

When: Multiple occasions with two specific examples provided in the nomination

Why:

I would like to nominate Celt for the Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon.

Celt is a relative newcomer to TG yet, to my mind, has already distinguished himself as an accomplished Squad Leader and Leader of men.

I am somewhat picky as to who I prefer to take orders from and when I have the choice Celt is one of the top of my list. He communicates well in general using a concise, precise manner that allows him to convey his orders in a way that is easily understood by the newcomer and old hands of Squad alike. He makes sound decisions based on the unfolding tactical situation and communicates them clearly to his Squad members with just the right amount of explanation of his reasoning where appropriate. You get the information you need without him vocalising every thought he's had.

Perhaps most importantly for me he 'reads' the map well. He assesses situations and makes sound plans with solid contingency's. Little details like fire conditions are explained prior to movement, not reams of detail or role playing, simple instructions with an explanation. He utilises terrain properly and plans his approaches taking into account line of sight, cover, concealment, likely disposition of the enemy and where they expect to be attacked from.

He is calm under pressure and when dealing with new players, showing tolerance when orders aren't quite carried out properly yet explaining why the order was issued in the first place. He 'teaches' well!

On Al Basrah (5th July 2017) he utilised the Stryker to great effect in support of his predominantly Infantry focused squad. Despite issues with people manning the Stryker he ensured that it was crewed appropriately and positioned in such a way that minimised risk yet still allowed the crew to support the rest of the squad. He maintained regular contact with the crew, directing them to new positions and providing firing lanes etc without overloading them with superfluous comms. He also worked hard to spur team wide communication and cooperation throughout the round whilst still directing his Infantry in a highly effective manner. Despite all these comms and the juggling he was doing at no point were comms a distraction. Throughout the round I personally was able to retain situational awareness and not feel like I was being talked to death. The epitome of effective decisions communicated efficiently.

On Gorodok (5th July 2017) Celt demonstrated fantastic map reading and planning by leading us onto objective assaults through extremely effective use of the terrain. He continuously updated our routes to target making best use of cover and concealment which enabled us to close with the enemy unseen on numerous occasions, often over terrain that favoured the defender. His timing of assaults was also notable, something I believe is often overlooked, and he was clearly working within a coordinated team plan that he was instrumental in driving. Again Celt's Squad was highly effective that round due to his knowledge, skills, insight and demeanour.

I personally appreciate the level of thought, understanding and solid tactical reasoning that goes into SL's like Celt's leadership, it's why TG exists and it's why I play.

I believe Celt is already a fantastic advert for TG as a Community and a poster boy for TG Squad SL's. It's always a pleasure to be in Celt's squad, one of the first people I look for when joining the server.

I humbly request you consider my nomination for Celt as Distinguished Squad Leader, my only complaint is that I wish he found TG sooner.

Please join me in congratulating our newest ribbon recipients!

If you know of someone deserving of recognition for rising above and beyond what is expected, please consider taking a few minutes out of your day to write up a nomination to recognize them for their efforts.

https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...ct-an-admin-aa

For a description of our ribbons program and available ribbons, please visit this page https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...-can-i-get-one

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Congrats Celt and C0pernicus! Both well deserved. It is a pleasure serving under both of your commands.

Comment

Congrats guys!

Comment

Congratulations Celt well deserverd!
        Not for you C0pernicus you aren't good at all
        ​​​​​​​Joking! Congrats bro, very proud of you!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats fellas! Well deserved! You both run excellent squads.

Comment

Congratulations lads, well deserved!

Comment

Congrats to the both of you!

Comment

For my next trick, I'm going to run the most baller Logi squad that ever supplied any FOB.

Distinguished Squad Leader

Comment

Congrats

Comment

*hat tip.*

Can't do sheet without good people... and I am usually lucky to have good people. So this is mine as much as my usual squaddies award.

Comment

Congratulations to both of you!

Comment

Well deserved. Congratulations!
                          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Congrats to all. Good SL is what makes the server fun to play on, so nice job Celt and C0pernicus !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X