No announcement yet.

Community Question: New Maps or Assets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Question: New Maps or Assets?

Gents, what is more important to you as a consumer/player of Squad?

First, no doubt we all have gotten our money worth for this game, I have nearly 500 hours and paid $14.99 USD for it! I am just bringing this up because I am curious as to what everyone thinks.

Do you feel that the developers after the large v10 update should focus on adding assets (Tanks, Vehicles, Air) or increase the map selection to keep players engaged instead of playing the same maps over and over again?

I feel as if they should focus on maps before assets, I'd say 75% focused on maps, 25% on assets. You can hit the maps heavy once v10 hits, because from what I understand v10 is the baseline they want moving forward for player options/limitations. In a few months I'd imagine they could pump out 2 new maps that are currently in development now and get the community maps out as well. Of course they would add some assets as they become available over a 4-6 month period. I'd imagine with the community growing and the amount of new gamers that would purchase the game could allow them to expend their team even further.

Thoughts?

Maps are what keep a game like this fresh.

Assets can bring new play styles, but new maps can really bring you back from the funk that doing the same things over and over can put you in.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Maps, assets, npc civilians, in that order. For every civilian killed you loose points or accumulate them slower. I think that would change things up some ;)

Comment

I just feel like they might be focusing to much on adding the vehicles than maps right now... at least that is the feel from what I get by their last facebook post of tank tracks.

Can't just be me that is thinking this now right?

I just want a snow map... give me some type of artic map and I'll be happy.

Comment

For me it's assets, animation and core inventory system that's important.

That will change how ALL maps are played.

New maps only offer the change of a new map. Over time the current 'meta' will likely be shoe horned into that map and voila its the same as all the old maps.

Case in point, Narva. We've only just had an amazing new map, yet there doesn't seem to be as much excitement about it as I would have anticipated. I suspect that is due to the lack of change in core gameplay due to limited systems /assets and the application of a stale, unimaginative 'meta' to a new map due to constraints of the current game.

Without the expanded systems its hard to build new maps that play any other way than the ones we have, that people are growing tired of.

Systems and gameplay are fundamental, expand those and the whole game changes and consequently new styles of maps can be made to take advantage of helos etc.

Comment

Wicks that why I said wait till v10 since that is going to be their baseline moving forward for player options. Getting the core mechanics is very important and in v10 the animation and gun play should be done minus minor tweeking.

Comment

I think maps and assets go hand in had. That being said, once the "known" assets are in place, then you can develop new maps around those. There are some maps and map layers that need a lot of work to make them worth playing. But once assets are in the game, we can develop tactics and play styles around those. The new Narva map is a good example. Right now I think its a weak map, once it gets expanded and new layers are added it will get better.

Comment

I want random AAS so the game changes even when the map does not.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                  I want random AAS so the game changes even when the map does not.
                  Agreed! I said early on that if the layer was randomized at the start of each round if would make a huge difference in game play. If we really wanted to get crazy, only reveal on the map where the next flag cap will be. It would force recon and teamwork to find the enemy flags early on, and you would have to cap your own flags in order to find them all...

Comment

Oh man that would be a game changer if they did that! So only reveal the next cap once your current location gets capped?!?

Comment

Maps, maps, maps. Also, adding more layers to existing maps helps to really freshen things up. Changing flag layouts allows us to us to play even very old maps in a different way.

More maps, more layers will help to make the time between large asset and system releases a lot more bearable.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                      |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post
                        Maps, maps, maps. Also, adding more layers to existing maps helps to really freshen things up. Changing flag layouts allows us to us to play even very old maps in a different way.

More maps, more layers will help to make the time between large asset and system releases a lot more bearable.
                        Whew glad some people are in the same mindset as myself!

I know we have some ties to employee's of Offworld... anyone maybe whisper sweet nothings into their ear and place the simple seed of, "more maps"?

"More maps hun"

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post

Whew glad some people are in the same mindset as myself!

I know we have some ties to employee's of Offworld... anyone maybe whisper sweet nothings into their ear and place the simple seed of, "more maps"?

"More maps hun"
                          It's been done - twice - once to Taxi and once to Soccer. They're working on it, but Sgt. Ross is in charge of the flag layouts on all maps and different game play layers.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                          |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

When there is a will, there is a way.... Looks like Sgt Ross is a fan of the "fog of war" mechanic
                            I love this game but playing on the same flag layouts is making gameplay a little predictable. For example, I drive APCs almost every match and...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X