Gordok Aug 22 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Gordok Aug 22 2017

This is my first AAR so I'll try to do a good job but let me know if anything should be different, I'll fix it. Here we go.

Loaded in as Militia fighting against the Russians on Gordok in a squad with Wook1e as SL, BitmapLuke , Kill_joy786 , HomicideKing77 , JohnWayne , myself, and some randoms. (If I forgot to mention a TG guy in the squad I'm sorry. I hope those tags got the right people too)

From main, we took a logi truck and a BTR, non 30mm, and headed north then east towards Storage. I was driving the BTR with Luke in my gunners chair. Once we got to Storage, the logi truck went into the main area and Wookie put down a radio and started work on some more buildings. Meanwhile, I took the BTR to the northeast side of Storage to intercept any rush from the Russians on the site. We came around the corner of the pipes on the northeast corner and Luke immediately spotted an enemy BTR. A few short bursts later, we had snagged our first vehicle kill of the match. Having taken no damage in the exchange, we moved up to mop up some infantry on the east side of Storage. We took an RPG hit in the ensuing fight and retreated to the other side of Storage where Wookie had constructed a repair station. After getting our repairs, we moved into the center of Storage to clean up some infantry in the buildings.

When we secured Storage and had tasked another squad with defending the flag, Wookie loaded everyone up in the BTR and we headed across the river east towards Akim. We set up south of Akim and waited for our next round of logi supplies. While the rest of the squad placed a new FOB and accompanying buildings, Luke and I headed towards Akim from the south to give covering fire for another squad moving up. We ambushed an enemy tracked 30mm on the way at about 100 meters and smoked him before he realized we were behind him. We then started suppressing the enemy HAB in one of the buildings on the edge of town. After taking 2 RPGs, we fell back to the FOB to rearm and repair. On our way back to the fight, we came up behind 2 enemy infantry hiding in a bush and Luke took them out just as they pulled out RPGs.

The enemy HAB at Akim fell shortly after we got back to the fight and we assisted in cleaning up the scattered infantry left over. Wookie had all the downed members of the squad spawn at the nearest HAB, we picked them up and headed to Mound. We dropped off our infantry west of Mound and began scouting the area for any enemy presence. We took a couple RPGs and had to head back to main for repairs. While we were gone, Wookie and the rest of the squad started taking heavy fire from 3 enemy vehicles, namely 2 BTRs and a tracked vehicle. At least one of the BTRs was a 30mm. We sped back to the fight in time to eliminate one of the BTRs as it retreated from the battle for repairs, notching our 3rd vehicle kill of the match. I baked us off the hill we were on to reload the gun.

Wookie warned us that the other BTR, 30mm version, was headed our way to avenge his buddy. Luke reloaded the gun just in time for the 30mm to crest the hill 30 meters in front of us. Taking advantage of the lack of depression of the enemy BTR, Luke poured a drum into the hull of the vehicle, dealing massive damage to the point of fire and forcing it to back off and down the other side of the hill as the driver no doubt panicked from the damage. The enemy BTR was not able to hit us with one round though it fired several, probably driver and gunner miscommunication. Knowing we had to finish it before it got away. Luke reloaded and we charged over the hill to deal the killing blow. At first some trees blocked our sight and we took a couple 30mm shells but the same trees also obscured us from view, saving us while we reacquired our target.

It all got really crazy right here as Luke fired at the flames he could see coming off the BTR even though he couldn't actually see the vehicle very well. He started yelling at me to move so he could see around the trees. At the same time, I am watching Wookie on foot between us and the enemy BTR start jumping around in the air as 30mm shells hit all around him. I adjusted our position and Luke finished the enemy vehicle with a few well placed shots. After some congratulating on surviving the fight and laughing about it, we went for repairs cause we had about 5% health left.

Members of the squad started reporting a location of the last enemy vehicle in the area, a tracked non-300mm (not sure what caliber they are, someone can help me here). Luke and I headed to the northwest of Mound to engage. We ended up flanking the enemy vehicle and destroying it as it was about to repair at a nearby repair station. Luke was also able to smoke an enemy logi or transport truck as it tried to flee the area, bringing our kill total up to 6.

One of our squad mates called out the position of the enemy FOB and HAB and we moved up to cover the enemy HAB while he dug out the radio. Luke suppressed the HAB, racking up several kills until the guy finished digging. We adjusted position to get a better view of the aftermath to check for survivors and got hit by 2 RPGs. Knowing one more RPG would be our death, I attempted to pull us out towards the nearest repair station. In the process, we got stuck on a tree but somehow survived a direct hit for no damage and two more near misses at the range of about 20 meters.

At this point, our friendlies tasked with holding Akim had buckled and fallen under enemy pressure from a HAB somewhere northeast of the village. Our squad was too late to get back to hold the village and by the time we were able to head out after repairing the heavily damaged BTR, we had also started to lose Storage. Wookie had another logi come up from main and transport him to Bunker where he began work on a FOB and base. We picked up the rest of the squad and headed there as well.

Luke and I set up on the west side of the base and began engaging enemy infantry running towards us. We flexed over to the east side and blunted a push across the road from an enemy HAB by the river. Our team hunkered down to defend Bunker as the match wound to a close. We moved back to the west side in time to take our some infantry pushing from the north on a friendly squad just as they were about to breached the wall. After rearming, Wookie tasked us with helping a push on the enemy HAB by the river and we headed that way just as the match ended.

Final score was Militia ~60 tickets, Russians 0. Final vehicle kill count: 6 Luke's kills--downs: 27--33 (sorry no screenshot, didn't work for some reason)

Shout out to Wookie for leading another round on a map that I had before hated but now have come to enjoy through proper squad leading and deployment of vehicles. Another shout out to BitmapLuke for his awesome job racking up the kills gunning and clear instructions for his poor driver who couldn't get him on level ground enough. And to the unsung hero, JohnWayne, who pulled logi duty for quite a few times and allowed us to continue to repair and rearm at our forward stations.

The short version: Luke and I smoked a bunch of infantry and vehicles, costing the enemy team a ton of tickets, surviving the whole match, with Wookie directing our squad to another victory.

Very well done Shade!! and thanks man but what we accomplished couldn't have done without all of you helping out! But that was a very fun round and I look forward to more!

Comment

That round was amazing, I can say that it's only the second time I've played an amazing round on Gorodok (first one was with Asta85 leading)
      But we need to say that all TG guys and the randoms who played with us did a great job, some of our guys many times called rigth on time enemy lat's close to the btr making us able to defeat the enemy.
      Also Wook1e damnnn boy you are amazing SL! And Shade I feel like a rockstar reading your ARR lol, take some credit too man, you was the best drive that I played ever, your capability to dirve the btr and sense of positioning on map was awesome man! Many times if was not you I would not been able to spot the enemy, I really appreciate.
      This type of round with the rigth ones players make me love this game so much! Just Thanks!
      p.s.:sorry for bad english lol

Comment

pssh Brazilians and their english BitmapLuke haha

Comment

Originally posted by Wook1e View Post
          pssh Brazilians and their english BitmapLuke haha
          hahah sure! Like you and your aim right? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BitmapLuke View Post

Wook1e Going to need some salve for that sick burrrrrn!! (I'm told that's what all the l33t kids say now)

Comment

Originally posted by BitmapLuke View Post

Well played LOL BitmapLuke and Pro-ActiveDeath I would love some.. it hurt

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X