X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disposableHero
    started a topic [EVENT] Operation Broken Axle

Operation Broken Axle

A US M939, enroute to FOB Rustimiyah, has broken down deep in the heart of Sumari. Carrying important supplies for the FOB, the vehicle and it's crew of 5 must be rescued. A Quick Reaction Force has been dispatched to retrieve the truck, rescue the crew and return them all safely to FOB Rustimiyah.

Game play

We will have 2 teams of 12 facing off in Sumari. The objective of the US team is to recover the broken down truck, repair it, and return it to the US main. The insurgent team of 12 players will start in their main with no idea where the truck has broken down. They must find it and destroy the truck before the US team can return it to their main base.

Both teams will have restrictions placed on the number and kind of kits available (kit restrictions will be finalized soon). Both teams will be restricted to certain vehicles available:

The US team will have available 1xM939 Logi truck (not the stranded truck) and 1xopen-top humvee.

The Insurgent team will have available 1xDshk technical, 1xlogistics techie, 1xmotor bike

The US team must deploy and supply a radio and build a repair station near the broken logi truck to begin repairing it. The vehicle must be repaired for 5 minutes before it can be moved back to the US main base. The US team may not deploy a HAB from this radio - they must rely on the use of rally points only. The insurgent team may deploy a HAB and any other defensive and offensive emplacements with the exception of mortars. Only OpFor players and US medics may give up. All other players must wait for a medic to revive them or to time out.

Victory

The US team wins if they return the broken down M939 logi truck to the US main within 30 minutes. The OpFor team wins if they destroy the logi truck.

How will this work?

We are going to have 2 team captains which will then be responsible for picking their roster in a Pick 'Em format. We will have a coin flip and the winner of the flip will select first, followed by the other captain. We will alternate selections until both rosters are filled. Each team will have their own private Discord channels to plan in and to communicate during the scenario. If you would like to be a team captain, please specify this when you sign up. On the day of the event, team captains will flip to determine which faction each team will play first. We will play this scenario at least twice, with teams switching roles for the 2nd round.

How do I sign up?

It's simple - reply to this post with "/registered" in the reply. If you would like to volunteer to be a captain, please indicate that as well.

When is this?

We plan on playing on Friday, October 27th at 8pm Central. Yes, that's a week away.

The event will be played on the TG private server. We will have at least one admin available on the server acting as referee via admin cam..

Registered
    • Gaunt
    • Shade
    • Takker
    • Masterjack
    • Mannerism
    • Celt
    • HomicideKing
    • Noyava
    • BitmapLuke
    • BleedingKnee
    • KillerOfAll
    • JohnWayne
    • Mr. Soup
    • DankToker
    • Hudson
    • Jeepo
    • H8Leech
    • ConditionBlack
    • SafetyMoose
    • sexyjeep
    • Armin Tamzarian

Reserves
    • Unkl
    • ExpendableCrew
    • Monkio

Please meet in the Squad Discord channel on our Discord server at 7:30pm Central for Roll Call. We will pick teams, go over the rules and then move to the respective team channels to allow teams time to plan prior to starting.
    Last edited by disposableHero; 10-27-2017, 06:37 PM.

• Pro-ActiveDeath
    replied
    Thanks again for all those who turned up on Friday night. We got some great feedback from this event and I'm looking forward to the next one already. If anyone has recordings from the last two rounds that they have not sent my way, please do so! If you need instructions on how to get the footage to me please reach out in Discord. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Gaunt
    replied
    Awesome night all! The chaos we definitely there after that first match! I'm game to get another up!

Leave a comment:

• Unkl
    replied
    I am so dissapointed I feel asleep so early in the night. I'm glad it sounds like it was so much fun! /registered for next event whenever it's posted!

Leave a comment:

• disposableHero
    replied
    Good job everyone! Well played on both side. Thank you for letting us work through the kinks to make it an enjoyable event.

If you have an idea for an event, please feel free to post it to the admins either via our Contact an Admin forum or hit us up on Discord.

Thanks everyone who participated!

Leave a comment:

• BleedingKnee
    replied
    That was a blast. Thanks for setting it up!

Leave a comment:

• Scotty
    replied
    /registered late

Leave a comment:

• Armin Tamzarian
    replied
    A bit last minute but ill sign up if there is still room, ill jump in the discord to see if you still need me /registered

Leave a comment:

• SafetyMoose
    replied
    /registered

Heard you need some spots filled. Happy to join in if that is so.

Leave a comment:

• Monkio
    replied
    Originally posted by ExpendableCrew View Post
    There is now a 75% chance I'm going to make this. #hopeful and #registered
    I'm in the same boat as him except I am willing to go as high as 80%.

Leave a comment:

• ExpendableCrew
    replied
    There is now a 75% chance I'm going to make this. #hopeful and #registered

Leave a comment:

• Jeepo
    replied
    /registered

Leave a comment:

• -Hudson-
    replied
    /registered