Clear All

• Al Basrah Layer Ideas

Revised Basrah layer

US starts on MSR.

Objectives:
    • Must secure Airfield
    • Must secure VCP and bridge to access city
    • Must secure refinery before penetrating into the city proper

City flag (#4) is a large cap zone. Will be extremely difficult to take the city as the insurgents can be anywhere. The US will have it's hands full defending Refinery while still establishing control of the city (and they really never should be able to take control of the city). Insurgent last stand is suburbs on the island.

This layout essentially neutralizes rushing to either opponents first flags, but the Mosque spawn point does allow the insurgents to establish defenses at both VCP (which should be extremely defensible with the Hesco walls) and the Bridge. Also allows them to establish a strong defense at Refinery.

Airfield is now in play and makes a logical choice for the US team to "Super FOB", and since it is in play it lets the insurgent team attack it.

A tough, tough fight for the US team, but I think this is a very balanced approach to this map and makes the city fight more realistic in terms of establishing control.

Thoughts?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
    |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

I like the actual realistic aspect of it. The cap zones make sense and aren't just places to cap a flag but tactical positions to hold. Plus with the size of the cap zones in the city, more of it will be used which is something we've been talking about in discord for awhile. There are some positions in the city that were amazing tactical locations but hardly saw use based on flag location.

It may be a tough fight for the US but taking a city from hostile forces isn't easy. No rushing also means it will be a slower, more thoughtful fight rather than a rush to get to the first chokepoint flag. Which is more fun for everyone. The base building junkies will be able to set up at airfield and the VCP and mortar to their hearts content the north part of city and refinery.

Comment

I'm all for it. Looks good to me!!!

Comment

I like it, bump that ticket counter to 600

Comment

Defending that airfield from attack looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Comment

I like this Al Basrah idea and may be the change needed!

What about a Mestia layer where both teams start opposite ends of the tunnel and fight in the tunnel? Think it could help seed?

Comment

Map played well the other night, at least I thought so. Be much better with a full server but still a good layout.

Only thing is airfield would be such a cool flag to fight over but I don't really see that happening unless the insurgents wanna commit a squad to take out a base or something there. But if they take a whole squad out to airfield, they are pretty much guaranteed to lose north city due to large cap zone, out-numbered on cap.

Would a conquest version work you think? Would be a lot of area to cover so maybe would need to make the city flags smaller. But it might let airfield be in play more.

Comment

^^^ Good idea! I think that makes a lot of sense, too. I'll work on it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Maybe have the militia in there instead of insurgents. Perhaps even, since it's on the mod server, the "rebel" faction that's in the workshop.
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X