• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback, thoughts and ideas about the v10 preview

Let's here your feedback on the v10 build preview

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
    |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Overall great experience. Definitely a step in the right direction for Squad. Logistics changes are fantastic. Cap changes and staging area are a god send. Vaulting, bipods, new weapon handling all change the game in so many ways, all for the better. Game pace has slowed wayyyyyyyy down which is awesome though people still tended to *try* to play at the normal breakneck pace and it didn't work as well.
    Gun handling really makes taking your time with shots beneficial rather than spam clicking or full auto being the go to method.
    Lean glitch is kinda game breaking in my opinion but I'm sure it will be fixed by the time it full releases.

Have so much more I could say but I'll leave it at that for now.

Comment

Haven't been playing long, so can't provide any deep analysis.

However, I don't like the new movement between crouched and standing. It seemed that I dipped to prone before standing, which isn't realistic. I don't mind slowing the movements down to avoid bunny-hopping, etc., but every time I stand up, I think I hit the wrong button and was going prone.

Also, as a medic, it seemed harder to get into the proper position to initiate healing a teammate with bandage and/or kit.

Comment

Overall great experience. The only real glaring issue is the lack of visual leaning since it can be exploited. They also mentioned tweaking how ADS works with iron sights but I didn't notice any difference. I'm still leaning towards irons being a bit too weak to compete with optics outside of very close ranges where optics can become a hindrance.

I loved the improvements to the Marksman kit. The optics are more functional, the rifles seem more damaging than in V9, and with the addition of the binoculars, marks is the ultimate second pair of eyes for the SL.

The improvements to bi-pods make AR's much more effective and distinct from riflemen. Plus having one optional AR in the riflemen position gives squads more flexibility. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to play with the new MG's and besides the PKM having a larger mag than an RPK, I'm not sure what real difference they add to the plate, but weapon variety is always fun.

It will be interesting to see how faction balance will play out with the changes to US kits with M4's and M4A1's.

Comment

Obviously the lean bug is a problem, and there are plenty of other little glitches here and there, but it's an alpha after all. Also please fix the resupply issues - it kept resetting my 1000/1000 logistics supplies.

I really like the new MGs, I think they change the way that squads are organized - also they're super fun. That being said, I think having a squad with an MG and two SAW/LMGs is too much. If you have the HMG it should lock the Fire Support LMG (leaving the infantry LMG open). I think that suppression mechanics should be reworked a bit, to the point where it should almost completely disable anyone being actively suppressed from returning fire in the direction of the suppression.

I don't know what M4 burst fire adds, I think it's a bit silly how it limits a soldier's ability to suppress others and I found myself never using burst; often wishing I had full auto when on the move in tight corridors.

The marksmen changes are great. The SASS is a bit OP, but it seems pretty realistic given that no one else has an optic that comes close to it. Maybe reducing the actual scope diameter would be a better trade off, as currently it takes up like 80%+ of the vertical screen size.

Vaulting, ranging, bipods and torso twist are all excellent additions and are very much welcomed. I like that it takes longer to switch stances, preventing just bellyflopping from standing. I like the new weapon handling personally. I'm also glad that every team now gets to enjoy the grenade launcher.

Comment

I think I actually like way we have 3 MGs per squad now. I don't think the play test was a very good evaluation of how having that many MGs available will actually work in game. I know personally as an SL over the test, I let my guys use all 3 MGs consistently because everyone wanted to play with the bipods even though we kept getting screwed by vehicles because we never had any LATs. Once v10 full releases, I think everything will stabilize a bit more and you will only see 1 maybe 2 MGs per squad because of the importance of LAT roles needing to be filled, especially around here, every squad leader always wants 2. Plus having 3 MGs is pretty bad for attacking because you don't have as much of a maneuvering element when everyone is laying down with a bipod.

But having 3 MGs available is nice for squads stuck on defense points. You can get some pretty scary fields of fire going on. Now the LAT is still gonna be arguably more useful for defending because of attacking vehicles but if you have vehicle support OR you know that the enemy vehicles are dead OR you know that the enemy vehicles aren't going to be able to penetrate past your frontlines and attacking force to get to your defense point, having 3 MGs against the infiltrating attacking infantry would be handy.

So all that to say, it seemed like an overabundance of MGs being used, but everyone wanted to play with the bipods and SLs didn't really dissuade them all the time. When it full releases, SLs will start dictating kits again and you won't see as many MGs all the time.

Comment

Some really great perspectives here guys! I think the best thing I saw during the V10 demo was the changes made to going prone. Too often I find myself getting out gunned by someone 'dropshotting' me immediately after I get a round into them. The new mechanics really force you to utilize cover and make a decision for cover BEFORE you engage an enemy. After just a few encounters I immediately started thinking about my next moves during an engagement instead of only focusing 'on the moment'.

As for the MG's.. we definitely were all very infatuated with both the regular LMG and of course the new HMG spot! I feel that these MG's will be a HUGE tool in allowing much more tactical offenses via suppression while also helping to slow the game play. Another thought here is that these additional roles will make FOBs and subsequently ammo boxes (to change kits) that much more important in the game. Speaking of ammo boxes..

One thing I hope to see improved upon (not really related to V10 but while we are on the topic) is the 'abuse' of dropping a radio for ammo. We are all guilty of this and I think it is definitely an exploit that should be modified. I don't know how exactly but perhaps a radio would require some supplies or maybe an SL could only drop 1 radio every x minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Treefingers6 View Post
                \

One thing I hope to see improved upon (not really related to V10 but while we are on the topic) is the 'abuse' of dropping a radio for ammo. We are all guilty of this and I think it is definitely an exploit that should be modified. I don't know how exactly but perhaps a radio would require some supplies or maybe an SL could only drop 1 radio every x minutes.
                I believe it has been stated somewhere eventually you will need to drop supplies from the logi before you can deploy a radio. Which will also limit the "rushing" more as well.
                And yes we are guilty of abusing it haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post

I believe it has been stated somewhere eventually you will need to drop supplies from the logi before you can deploy a radio. Which will also limit the "rushing" more as well.
                  And yes we are guilty of abusing it haha
                  AWESOME! I recall a battle a few weeks ago on Narva where my Squad rushed Castle and we held it for almost 30 minutes (before Neb 'accidentally' changed maps) solely because we were able to drop rocket ammo 5x. Can't wait for supply requirements for radios!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X