V10 will really change the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V10 will really change the game?

Ok...apart of all hype, it is clear that v10 will give us many improvements during gameplay and in game in general, indubitably... But the point here is, with the survey that our friend Pro-ActiveDeath , sent us via discord, I started thinking about how the game would really change.

Many points have appear in my head and I know that many others will come through your thoughts. But one that I'm taking into consideration, especially on larger maps, is to build a FOB just to serve as a resupply for other smaller FOB's, this would shorten the estimated travel time of logi truck from the main base to the other FOB's ...

I mean, you will no longer need to make longer main base trips to the desired fob, but rather shorten that trip with a "SUPER FOB" between the main base > "super fob / resupply point" > smaller fob's. Does that make any sense to you guys or is it just bull**** in my head? And how do it if it's a good idea?
    Have 2 logi running? one (with ammo and building points) running from the main base to resupply point and another one running only necessary points (ammo or BP) for the designed fob? Also, I think if it's do-able, we will need a squad only to play defense at this resupply point?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I was just curious about this new mechanics of supply points / logi's but let me know your thoughts and thank you for you attention!
    See you guys on the battlefield!

Luke off.

It is a bit overhyped yes. While much needed features that sure improve the game. I'm not so sure if it's anything revolutionary. But I guess the development of squad will never be done changes would have to be looked at "what we didn't have vs what we have".

I played a little bit today and I couldn't feel much changes apart from the game feeling less frustrating(vaulting). And bipods. But other than that? With this patch I don't believe so.

Still a whole list of features that are missing that I won't be listing right now.

Comment

Luke - good thoughts, a conversation starter, and thanks for the plug for my v10 survey.

Will v10 really change the way the way that Squad is played? Absolutely.

A small list of things you couldn't do in v9:
      Hold down an intersection, river crossing, or open field with only one or two squad members (Bipod + 2 M249/HMGs)
      Assault and enter a compound from multiple unpredictable directions or in complete concealment (Vaulting + Mortar Smoke Rounds)
      Maintain situational awareness in tight alleys and buildings (Free Look + Animation changes)
      Have first or second round accuracy on target when dealing with either known or unknown target distances (modeled BDC + Bino's with ranging + ability to zero to distance)

And lastly to Luke's point which I did not give the proper weight to, is Logistics changes. Running a temporary mortar line with little to no static defenses - load up all Ammo. Setting up an ambush point or road blockade - 80% Build 20% Ammo. And as Luke talks about - a coordinated supply chain of logistics, that would halve the round trip travel time back to main sounds pretty slick to me....

I also feel that once people really just how exposed they are to an overwatch position of a bipod MG (and maybe even a marksman), that their will be a strong desire to no longer sprint everywhere, and no longer take the most direct route. That alone will slow the pace down. Combine that with the movement and stamina penalties to aiming and shooting, and the inability to stop the first flag cap, and the rush meta gets flushed down the toilet.

If I typed nothing in this post but the last sentence, that alone excites me....

Comment

Originally posted by Pro-ActiveDeath View Post
        I also feel that once people really just how exposed they are to an overwatch position of a bipod MG (and maybe even a marksman), that their will be a strong desire to no longer sprint everywhere, and no longer take the most direct route. That alone will slow the pace down. Combine that with the movement and stamina penalties to aiming and shooting, and the inability to stop the first flag cap, and the rush meta gets flushed down the toilet.
        Talking about that... last night on Belaya , I witness my first bipod MG supress on v10... Prophet was set overwatch NE of Industrial Park with MG and hold a full squad, coming from their fob multiple times... That give us time to flank around and take down the fob, simply amazing! B.O.N.E.R lol

Comment

v10 is a great reason to return or try Squad

Vaulting off your buddies back to enter a window, bipods on heavy and lmgs, dmr class tweak, logistics/ammo leadership decisions. Game flow and pace feels different and better

Comment

Went through my first experience with V10 yesterday after a long break from Squad. Things I noticed for a very initial impression include:
            • The bipods definitely had a direct effect on gameplay, allowing myself and others to hold down entire areas.
            • The M4 is no longer a ridiculous no recoil railgun. Definitely felt more parity with the AK
            • The new ACOG sights look cool, but they really need better anti aliasing so they aren't so blurry
            • Slowed down movements from aiming/crouching/proning seem to limit the ability to Rambo as much
            • DIdn't notice any of the logistics changes because no one was running logistics surprise surprise
            For the most part, it's the same old Squad from when I last played with much needed adjustments and heading in the right direction.

Still encountered though the same old problems last night from people attacking uncapturable objectives and people running off into the woods with the marksman kit. Unfortunately we cannot patch out human behaviour.

Distinguished Squad Leader

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X