Overview of Dev Stream with SgtRoss - 4/6/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overview of Dev Stream with SgtRoss - 4/6/18

- Random AAS is being actively developed with different ideas on how it may be implemented

- Static AAS will be seeing revised as well as completely new layers

-Crew kits are definitely confirmed and will be expanded upon (used for IFV+ at least)

-IFVs are coming along really well, they just barely missed the recap
    - Bradley and Warrior IFV specifically mentioned

- Refused to comment on whether Russian red dot sight equivalents would be added to Russia faction (I take this as they are totally working on them)

-Ammo bags are confirmed and with the public request for them

-Ammo will be much more accessible on the battlefield with many vehicles being tested with carrying ammo

-Crew members will be able to do basic repairs on their vehicles like they can do in real life- specifically repairing parts of their tracks so they don't end up sitting for hours waiting for a logi (Track/wheel damage won't be in for A11 though as far as we know)

-Weapon mechanics are being actively worked on by SgtRoss to be more reliable and he specifically had just been working on modifying recoil and weapon handling for various weapons (reducing horizontal recoil on m4s for example)

-Suppression mechanics are confirmed to be happening and in active testing. The focus will be on altering player behavior with the fear of death via inaccuracy and aimpunch (when hit) ect. but not completely debilitating the players when they get shot at by a couple rounds. Specifically they'd like a system close to Red Orchestra 2 but do not want harsh and old sytem used in PR

-Vehicle comms channel confirmed to be looked at and wanted by Ross

-Thermal sights are actively being worked on

-Shotguns are again confirmed to be coming in

-Drones are something being looked at, at the least the Commander's UAV

-As to division of opinions in the community: Squad is not being designed with e-sports style competitive in mind

Distinguished Squad Leader

(Corrections) Crewman kits are APCs and up the food chain. I can expand on that by saying that you now need someone in the driver's seat to enter the gunner's seat. If you are in the gunner's seat and the driver exists the vehicle you can remain in the gunner seat, but obviously if you leave it you can't get back in without a driver. So, 1-manning vehicles is going to be gone for good, which is good.

IFV's (Bradley) confirmed v11 (which means crewman kits confirmed v11)

Kamdesh confirmed v11

Vehicles launching into the air confirmed testing of flight models for helicopters.

--- Otherwise, I think C0pernicus nailed it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
    |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

damn, i dont want thermal sights in squad. i know they are used in real life, but it really takes the skill out of gunning. i hated it when it was added to PR.

Comment

Time to smoke up the TOW emplacements....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
        |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X