sumari

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sumari

Can we start a petition to remove sumari out of the rotation besides seeding, and even then it blows.

Sumari has its place, I think it's great for when the server is moderately full but at full population into becomes chaos. I also think it's great fun on the INS v MIL layers where you can't really tell if the person infront of you is the enemy or not.

Things to be aware of:
    You can have a really large rotation of maps, which could mean that you'd almost never see some maps if the gods do not favour you. If you have a small map rotation it means you could see the map map three times in one day.

I think the best way to influence what map comes next is to hold TAB, check in the upper right corner and see what map comes next. If it is a map that was played two rounds ago, it would kill server population, too small, then give an admin a shout and we'll see if we can change it! (It also helps to suggest which map and layer to switch to)

Remember that switching map right after a new one starts in most cases dramatically affects server population in a negative way.

Here are the current maps and layers

http://squadmaps.com/
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post

Here are the current maps and layers

http://squadmaps.com/
      IDK about you guys but I really miss the Kokan AAS V1 AND V2

Comment

Sumari is one of the best maps because it allows you to focus on squad CQB movements and being able to cover lanes of fire. Sure it's small but I think Squad needs more maps that size.

I think Mestia is easily one of the worst maps out there because it's too large and if you don't have any type of magnification, you are at a HUGE disadvantage. There is no upper hand you can get due to the open area's and lack of medium/short combat.

Comment

OP first light is another good map that people hate for some reason. To me it's better than Sumari because it's both medium/short ranged engagements.

Comment

oP first light is MUCH to small for my taste. I like room to roam around in, mountains to climb, and deserts to cross.

That said it might be the same as sumari where it's better suited for a moderately full server.
            ​​​​​​​

Comment

Anyone want to take wagers on how much longer OPFL remains in the game?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
              |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Well it could serve well as a seeding layer la kamdesh info wargames. Adjust the points and it could be good.
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

it's crazy how no one here is willing to have a map or two that is smaller and promotes infantry combat.

Comment

I think Sumari will be a whole new map when the HAB changes drop in 0.12. Police Station / Palace battles will be shorter and more decisive. Having one central FOB with HAB that both teams continuously siege and reinforce from within is what kills that map IMO. If we start seeing more movement around the map and more creative radio/rally placement, it will make a noticeable difference.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X