Ribbon Awards - March 3 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbon Awards - March 3 2019

The following players have received nominations for ribbons by their peers for excellence both on and off the virtual battlefield. A majority of these ribbon nominations were for actions performed while playing in the TG OP Valentine Internal Scrim last month.

|TG| PoohBearXL
    Distinguished Tactician, Class 1

Nomination:

Poohbear was given the unenviable task of using then 2 US mraps at West Mogil. The mraps which lack armor and were both open top were widely regarded to be mostly useless against RU forces. Poohbear defeated that negative thinking with healthy amounts of .50 cal fire.

Squeezing the potential out of these team forsaken vehicles, Poohbear skillfully employed his assets and provided fantastic suppression and quick mobile response when participating in the defense of West Mogil. He took an asset we all thought would suck and he made it work. Color me impressed.

|TG-X| PsychoticAsh
    Distinguished Armor, Class 1

Nomination:

This is a group nomination for all US TG guys running armor. They were divided into 2 separate squads but they essentially operated as one unit for most of the scrim.
    There were some legendary armor moments in this scrim.
    • The first T72 engagement
    • The 2 BTR, T72 mega ambush
    • Bradley vs. T72 at the overpass
    US armor performed above and beyond during this scrim. Winning nearly every major engagement during the 2 hours provided the US with freedom from being overrun by RU armor but was a significant morale boost to all US squads who knew that death by T72 was not a fate they could suffer. As RU players attested to after the match, the Abrams and Bradley possessed the uncanny ability to be everywhere.

It is exceedingly clear that the SL/drivers and gunner for each vehicle put on a master class on how to handle their vehicles, respond to dangerous situations, and shoot accurately. Every RU vehicle from scout car to logi at some point felt the wrath of the US armor.

|TG-95th| Holymartyr

Nomination:

This is a group nomination for all US TG guys running armor. They were divided into 2 separate squads but they essentially operated as one unit for most of the scrim.
    US armor performed above and beyond during this scrim. Winning nearly every major engagement during the 2 hours provided the US with freedom from being overrun by RU armor but was a significant morale boost to all US squads who knew that death by T72 was not a fate they could suffer. As RU players attested to after the match, the Abrams and Bradley possessed the uncanny ability to be everywhere.

It is exceedingly clear that the SL/drivers and gunner for each vehicle put on a master class on how to handle their vehicles, respond to dangerous situations, and shoot accurately. Every RU vehicle from scout car to logi at some point felt the wrath of the US armor.

|TG-95th| Browning

Nomination:

|TG-8th| Yukonashi

Nomination:

|TG-95th| Shade
    Distinguished Commander, Class 1

Nomination:

Who: |TG-95th| Shade
    What: Distinguished Commander
    When: 02/10/19
    Why: Shade led the Russian team during the Operation Valentine internal scrim as team commander. During the planning stage, he worked with the team and squad leaders to develop and refine the overall plan of attack. During the scrim, Shade kept the team focused on the objectives and was able to flex the strategy when we had to switch to a more defensive posture. While maintaining control over the strategic level, he was also able to contribute at a tactical level to set-up defenses around Kropy and West Zolota by placing FOBs. Throughout the match, Shade displayed a level-headed coolness and positive demeanor that kept our team's morale up, even as we were being pushed back to the last two flags.

|TG-8th| Saber4
    Distinguished Assault, Class 1

Nomination:

Who: |TG-8th| Saber4

What: Distinguished Assault

When: multiple occasions, specifically 2/10/2019, OP Valentine internal scrim

Why:

Saber4 is known here at TG for getting an absurd number of kills in almost every round of squad he plays. While kills aren't everything in a round of Squad, eliminating the enemy is crucial to securing territory and breaking enemy morale. When your buddy gets shot next to you, it makes you much more cautious to move yourself.

His actions during OP Valentine were no different, eliminating 20 enemy troops and incapacitating 38. Being such a force on the battlefield extends his influence beyond his single person, making the enemy believe they are engaging more troops than there are. While incapacitations are still able to be revived, it slows the enemy team down immeasurably as they need to seek cover and revive their fallen.

Saber4 consistently demonstrates teamwork and a high lethality on the battlefield and it is for that and his actions in the OP Valentine scrim that it is my honor to nominate him for the Distinguished Assault RIbbon.

Reese7142001
    Distinguished Medic, Class 1

Nomination:

Who: reese7142001

What: Distinguished Medic

When: 2/10/2019, OP Valentine internal scrim

Why:

Reese has been a regular here on the TG for awhile now. He always impresses me with his sense of teamwork when I get the chance to have him in my squads.

During the OP Valentine scrim, he served as a medic in Squad 5 and racked up a whopping 34 revives over the course of the match. His squad was instrumental in helping hold Kropy during the match and now I can see why. With that many revives, reese was able to keep his squad, and I'm sure a lot of the team, up and fighting. Good medics are the backbone of any team and can influence the outcome of a battle sometimes more than any shooter will by keeping men on their feet and fighting. Because of his exemplary actions under enemy fire, it is my honor to nominate reese for the Distinguished Medic Ribbon.

|TG-95th| Mushee
    Distinguished Support, Class 1

Nomination:

Who: |TG-95th| Mushee

What: Distinguished Support

Why:

Mushee has consistently demonstrated a willingness to do whatever is needed to support the team in every round of Squad he plays. Every time I have seen him in game, he volunteers for the least desirable jobs, recognizing team needs.

Most recently, he volunteered to run logistics during OP Valentine. While he delivered several rounds of supplies himself, most of his time during the match was spent on TOW positions, overlooking Kropy. While on the TOW position above Kropy, he landed several shots on enemy tanks and helped support the defense of the point, making the enemy armor think twice before moving around in the open. After that radio was destroyed by an enemy squad, he rode shotgun in a logistics truck, enabling the CO to place more radios around the map.

Mushee is an excellent team player and a great asset to every team he plays on. While riding in trucks is not one of the most exciting things to do, he did not complain, putting the needs of the team before himself and for that, it is my honor to nominate him for the Distinguished Support Ribbon.

|TG-42nd| Takker
    Distinguished Support, Class 1

Nomination:

Who: |TG-42nd| Takker

What: Distinguished Support

Why:

Takker has been known in the Squad community for his role in logistics for awhile now. When he starts a logistics squad, you can count on receiving supplies in a prompt time frame and in overabundance, utilizing excellent communication with other SLs to identify team supply needs.

Most recently, he drove a logistics truck during the OP Valentine scrim for the entire round which lasted almost 2 full hours. During this time, he delivered countless logistics runs all over the map, keeping our team in supply on both ammunition and repair/build, allowing them to continue the fight. From what I recall, every FOB had thousands of points available throughout the entire round. He also made several logistics drops in "hot" areas, threading his way through enemy troops and armor to deliver ammunition to beleaguered troops on the defense point. He also provided transportation for several squads throughout the round.

Takker checked in with Command every time he got back to main and the only thing I had to do was tell him what point needed supply next and he got it done. I didn't have to worry any more about our supplies beyond that. And several times, he identified needs before I even communicated them to him and delivered the supplies. For his actions above and beyond what is expected, it is my honor to nominate him for the Distinguished Support Ribbon.

|TG-8th| Celt
    Distinguished Squad Leader, Class 2

Nomination:

Everyone wants to attack but there are few better on defense than Celt. If anyone needs an area held, a proper perimeter maintained or a stealth flank neutralized, Celt is the guy in TG to hire. Celtís defense of West Mogil was emblematic of the sort of top notch defense few can deliver.

The line was held at West Mogil, and except for a very sneaky Masterjack, the cap point was never in any real danger for the majority of the scrim allowing other squads and US armor to maneuver freely. Also, his initial seizure of West Mogil was top notch. We sent him in, he took the point. He never lost the point. The end.

Russia Squad 4:
    |TG-X| mikes
    |TG| Chan
    |TG-95th| Bruce8585
    |TG| Cold_Clutch
    |TG| Mannerism
    |TG-Irr| Pro-ActiveDeath
    Valorous Unit, Class 1

Nomination:

Who: Squad 4, RUS team, Squad 4 members, listed in order of official team/squad roster: |TG-X| mikes, |TG| Chan, |TG-95th| Bruce8585, |TG| Cold_Clutch, |TG| Mannerism, and |TG-Irr| Pro-ActiveDeath.

What: Valorous Unit Ribbon

When: 2/10/2019, OP Valentine internal scrim

Why:

During the OP Valentine match, mikes realized the fight at West Mogi was going poorly and via communication with Command, proactively volunteered to fall back to Kropy to defend the point against a US attack. For the next 45 min, he and his squad defended the point almost single-handedly, beating back numerous assaults and buying time for the rest of the team to continue assaulting West Mogi, before finally receiving reinforcements. They also participated in taking down an enemy HAB and radio as well as a Bradley. Their actions were crucial to our defense of Kropy as the rest of the team was tangled up in the attack and were not able to fall back at the time to set up a defense.

Squad 4 was one of the squads that volunteered to take the attack to West Mogi next, which got ambushed and unfortunately ended up in most of the attacking force being wiped. But mikes and Squad 4 were able to survive somehow and continued to operate behind enemy lines for the rest of the game. They were able to, from their position, relay information about enemy movement as well as eliminate an enemy mortar pit and spawn point. Said mortar had been giving the defense squad a rough time at Kropy, hitting the HAB and keeping our troops cautious in movements. AFter taking out the enemy spawn point, Squad 4 even started to move cap on the point before enemy armor responded.

Having Squad 4 on the defense point at Kropy was crucial as mikes assured the CO the point was secure every time he was asked. This allowed the CO to take his attention to other parts of the map and freed him up from worrying about the defense. Squad 4 was able to exert a presence on the map well beyond their 6 men via their excellent defense and infiltration tactics. For their actions, it is my honor to nominate them for the Valorous Unit Ribbon.

Please make sure you take a moment to congratulate these players on their accomplishments! Job well done, gentlemen!

If you're interested in the Ribbons process, how to nominate someone for one and how they're awarded, please check out this thread: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...-can-i-get-one

Just as a brief note - ribbons above Class 1 have stars on them to designate the class of ribbon awarded. I currently do not have those images but we will have them available soon. I apologize for this.

How do I wear my ribbons?

We are working on adding ribbons to your profile page on the Squad Stats site - squadstats.tacticalgamer.com - and plan on making an announcement when this is ready.

Lastly, please remember - the better the nomination that is submitted, the better the chances of the ribbon being approved. Please take a few minutes to write a nomination that is worthy of the actions that were taken that moved you to submit the nomination in the first place.

Thanks everyone! Keep those nominations coming!

Well done to all of you! It certainly was a pleasure to review the nominations, and to vote to approve these. Good job guys!

Comment

Congrats guys!

Comment

Congrats guys!!

Comment

Congrats all around.

I had the privilege to be PoohBearXL's gunner and he earned the accolade for sure.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X