Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My antivirus said Sheriff's Special Forces mod v2.2 is a trojan? Huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My antivirus said Sheriff's Special Forces mod v2.2 is a trojan? Huh?

I've had SSF v2.2 (I don't own the Syndicate expansion) for a while, but I noticed today that my antivirus has been saying that it is some sort of trojan. After I saw this about SSF v2.2 I scanned it with a handful of other antivirus programs (not installed at the same time as any others) and about half of them said it was a trojan of some kind.
    The installer wasn't what was called the trojan, it was the actual executable inside the SSF2.2Mod (or whatever the exact name is) folder, inside of the SWAT 4 install folder.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I can't imagine this would be a trojan, but why would half of the antivirus programs say it was one? It seems odd for that many different programs to get false positives on the same file.

Re: My antivirus said Sheriff's Special Forces mod v2.2 is a trojan? Huh?

First of all get 3.2. That is the latest version.
    If norton or similar anti-virus put it in the "exlucsions list" pretty annoying to find but next to it, it says "configure" click that and add the Sierra folder, desktop and other places where Swat 4 might get into like Appdata.

Create back-up files of Swat 4 and the .exe's as some anti-viruses delete the .exe's. Make sure it is in every exclusion list and run it as administrator.

It may take some fiddling around and it may require a RESTART without it telling you and then it will suddenly work, well at least it did for me.

Make sure you get it off an official website and get the launcher once you run the .exe. If you don't get a launcher it is probably a trojan because SSF comes with a game launcher for it.

Where are you getting it from?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X