thought there was SWAT night...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought there was SWAT night...

Sunday Night, 8 PM Eastern... thought there was a SWAT4 group that met every Sunday for some co-op action?

or am I in the wrong "time zone" lol?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: thought there was SWAT night...

I believe it is 9PM EDT, and I'm not even sure tonight is on....isn't everyone playing BF2?

Comment

I'd love to be there, but unfortunately I'm at work and won't be able to play ANYTHING tonight. But then again, I've only been able to play like 2-3 rounds of BF2 all week. :-(
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

All right, the game is re-installed. Who wants in?

Comment

I thought it was off for BF2 events. But I still love this game if we can find a night that works.
          New to TG?

Comment

Not to worry, there will be others.

Mondays look iffy, given that the Private BF2 Server is live.

Tuesdays are no good for me. If you guys play, let me know how it goes.

Wednesdays are general BF2 craziness, but we may be able to sneak a game in if all agree to show up.

Thursdays....I got nothing.

Fridays, not the best of game nights....I usually play late on a friday night, busting heads on the CS:S server.

Saturday, forget it. That's date night. You married guys will get that one.

Comment

Well I liked Sunday Night... I'm only off on Sun and Mon, (work in the evening/night the other days)... thats kinda why I was looking forward too it.

I checked for SWAT 4 action, no one was on, so then I went and both servers were full, and as usual, the private server was empty, I know as a SM, I can go ask an admin to kick some one out for me, but thats just not me. So I ended up playing SP T72 on my days off.

I like BF2 alot, but doesn't it seem that it's taken over all the other tactical gaming lately, probably because it's new, but I can't find anyone to play the older good TS anymore, like SWAT 4 , AA, OFP, GR...even JO.

(this isn't posted as a complaint, more for food for thought)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                Well I liked Sunday Night... I'm only off on Sun and Mon, (work in the evening/night the other days)... thats kinda why I was looking forward too it.

I checked for SWAT 4 action, no one was on, so then I went and both servers were full, and as usual, the private server was empty, I know as a SM, I can go ask an admin to kick some one out for me, but thats just not me. So I ended up playing SP T72 on my days off.

I like BF2 alot, but doesn't it seem that it's taken over all the other tactical gaming lately, probably because it's new, but I can't find anyone to play the older good TS anymore, like SWAT 4 , AA, OFP, GR...even JO.

To be fair, no other game has crystalized what TG is about quite like Battlefield 2. I think, had EA/Dice left off the Command and SL elements of the game, we would still have a mix of games being played.

I think, now, that there is starting to be some fraying at the edges....there will be a core of players there, but with players like the 42nd opting for the Private Server instead of the 2 public servers, you can expect more "TG isn't what it once was" threads. Battlefield 2 isn't what it was when it started, that is for sure.

That is both good and bad for TG: good because players will start looking for something else to play, bad because what brought them here has changed.

What we can do, as players of niche games like SWAT4, is keep the faith. SWAT 4 never had all that great of a following here: Apophis wanted it, so we got it. The core group of players numbered 7, not what you would call a strong showing.

That said, it is an excellent game, and great fun when we all get together to get schooled by the AI.

I agree with you about the other games, but of them, the only one that isn't dead is Ghost Recon. There is a core group of GR players that refuse to give up, which is a very good thing in my mind. They probably will keep playing that until Red Strom releases something that fills that gap.

I have AA, but haven't player it much. The Jump School has frustrated me, so I stopped playing it for a while. I think we could coax some others into forming a AA squad, if you are interested.

Comment

OH, don't get me wrong... I know the world or even this group don't evolve around me... I'm just a drop in the bucket...

and like I said in my PM to you, my schedule conflicts with prime time game time, (hey, thats a Rhyme... hey that too, lol)... anyway...

I just loved the teamplay I found here at TG, mostly BF2, thats why I became a member... but then it's all BF2 now... I personally was hoping to find some good teamwork in SWAT 4 and AA also... but those have faded into the background, understandability.

Once again, please understand...this isn't a complaint thread...just more of a food for thought/opinion thread.)

I'll game with you guys when I can, whatever you guys are playing at the time. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I can definitely do SWAT on Sunday nights after 2130 eastern. I'm pretty much around everynight after that time, so feel free to pm me or check out TS. I'll try to idle there more when I'm playing some of the single player games I'm absorbed in right now.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Ya its my main problem with the TG community. I buy alot of games and most of em don't catch on. But I just wasn't sure if we were gonna have SWAT lastsunday since no one posted about it. I will idle on the server this sunday at 4.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Try as I might, I really have a lot of difficulty plunking myself down to game the way I used to. I always had a core game, and then a side game or two depending on currents here. But now, BF2 is the only game I really devote my far less available game time to, and it's only about 1 night a week at that. A shame, really, because I *love* SWAT4 and AA so much. Even if I gave 1 night apiece toe each of these 3 games, that's more nights than I care to consume with gaming. Sad too. But gaming just doesn't have the enormous pull for me that it once did... even *with* the resurgence around here brought on by BF2, and especially the reviving effect that has had on my squad (42nd).

If my life suddenly grows less occupied again, I'm sure I'll gravitate back to gaming. But for now... :( Sorry Magnum... I hate to see like minded players get 'sidelined' by the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50

Waiting for OFP2 to come out (or 1.5, whichever is first) :)

As for SWAT 4, what happened to it? There seems very little interest from the community and we've all played the stock missions 20 times over already. It needs an influx of new maps and missions.

As for OFP, standby on that one as I may have something special up my sleeve... ;)
                          Jex.

Comment

^^^^^I am sure there are plenty of user made coop missions. Also we need to update the server if I remember there is a SWAT4 patch out. Also Armed Assualt will be released towards the end of the year. My guess would be November or December at the latest. And Operation Flashpoint 2 should be out some time next year. I doubt it will be called Operation Flashpoint 2 since they werent allowed to use the name for Armed Assualt.
                            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X