Well... I bought this... again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... I bought this... again

I got this game back when Direct2Drive, was still it's own company. Anyway, the merger with gamefly totally screwed me over. I bought the game again, on CD this time. So I'm thinking about putting together a CO-OP "TG style" game sometime early Feb. I'm just probing for Multi-player interest right now. I'm excited to get this lovely game back!

EDIT:
    Which brings me to this question: does anyone here at TG have a dedicated SWAT 4 server with Tcheckoviohaegoihnae (whatever) syndicate, or better yet: SSF on it?

Here's my old plan that I'm thinking about reviving from the dead (for real this time):
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/swat-4/...-overhaul.html

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Re: Well... I bought this... again

I'm in, provided I have time.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm up for it too.

Comment

I've been trying to get a crew together for this for quite a while now, after TalkingBeerMug had mentioned it. Everyone says they're interested on the forums, but no one shows up in Teamspeak to actually play. :|
        I don't have the Stetchkov Syndicate I don't think, but I have the base game.

I'm looking for a dedicated group of fellas to go over real-world tactics with, since SWAT is the most realistic game to get "trigger time" in without actually going to a shoothouse. I need to brush up on my CQC and room clearance in a tactical response team.

tl;dr Quit saying you're interested and not actually playing and let's start reviving SWAT4. >:(

EDIT: Let me emphasise real-world tactics. What I'm interested in may not be what you're wanting (i.e. just to play "tactically" or in a team environment). I've been doing too much room clearance solo lately and I want folks who actually want to learn and want to do this to the best of their abilities because I do actually take these kind of operations into real-world scenarios and I can't always afford the ammo to get out and do it with real steel.

Comment

Hey Fuzzy, I'm one of those people who is still interested. If you want this to happen, make an event, send out invites, and watch us show up. I have no interest in organizing the session, but if I am available when it is scheduled, I will show up.

For what it's worth.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Quick question, is SWAT 4 Game of the Year Edition compatible to run with someone using just the original SWAT 4 in multiplayer?

Comment

Game shows up Monday! unfortunately there's an Irregular meeting that evening as well. But yes, I'm totally on board with that Fuzzy. I've played games with people who go "non-lethal" only, and it bugs the crap out of me. You should invest in the Stetchkov Syndicate though, I think it adds enough that it's worth $5 (plus the fact that we could get 10 people playing at once then). I'll also be gone the first weekend in Feb. So, I'm thinking I'll hop into Teamspeak Wednesday evening (1900, GMT-7).

Comment

May check this out. Watching some videos on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                  Quick question, is SWAT 4 Game of the Year Edition compatible to run with someone using just the original SWAT 4 in multiplayer?
                  I would assume so, just make sure you download and install the 1.1 patch. I've been using mod and expansion packs for a while, but I'm still able to boot up regular ole' SWAT 4 and play multiplayer on it.

Comment

Sherrifs mod is where it's at. There is likely little reason we should not be playing with that MOD unless we want to first train a little on the vanilla. It doesn't change the game, just modifies some settings, for example, it allows door wedges to be five per slot instead of one, there are a few added weapons, MANY new maps which are quality and feels like a second expansion pack.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

The way I see it, It's almost silly to not have SSF, the AI changes alone would totally make it worth it. Plus it's not like you're paying extra for it.

Comment

I used to play this game with my buddies at our LAN Parties. I might get in on this action, if I can find where to get a copy of the game.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm free tomorrow, otherwise, let's get a sign up going?

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                            I used to play this game with my buddies at our LAN Parties. I might get in on this action, if I can find where to get a copy of the game.
                            Amazon has the Game of the Year Edition for $9.99.

Comment

Hmm. Need to see if they have a digital download

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X