Now this is just plain rediculous...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is just plain rediculous...

I love SWAT 4, I did a pre-view on it, and a review of it, giving it high marks, and play it ALOT, even thou my fellow gamers seemed to have moved on from it... and I'm even hoping for an add-on with a bunch of new maps/missions...

but as most know, with the 1.1 patch, Sierra or Irrational Games or whoever, added some controversial ad content, that downloads ads into the online games... I didn't mind this at first, it wasn't that big of deal for me, but then Battlefield 2 came out and I left SWAT 4 for a month or so... well I'm back... mostly playing Multiplayer (hoping for someone to join me for co-op), when I did this one short and simple mission... then noticed all the ads on the walls... This is just plain ridiculous, and un-called for... Sierra/IG, or whoever did this... this is 100% wrong, and 100% overkill... you've ruined the great environment feel this game had by adding this crap.

Just check out this small clip and see what I'm talking about.... RIDICULOUS!

(DivX required for viewing)...

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/OverExposed.avi
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Now this is just plain rediculous...

How did the game sell? Maybe that is why they put those ads in. I am really disappointed but I wouldn't put it past Vinvendi. I really hate how all the games I buy from them come in paper sleeves.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Up to TG admin folks, but heres the solution if wanted:

Add the following to your HOSTS file to block the ads. Not only does it show you ads in the game but it sends back how long you viewed the ad and from what angle you viewed the ad.

127.0.0.1 madserver.net
      127.0.0.1 ad.madserver.net
      127.0.0.1 imp.madserver.net
      127.0.0.1 media.madserver.net
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

That's a lot of ads! Although, I don't think I'd really be bothered by them. I've learned to become immune to ads.

I like SWAT 4 but it really didn't have longevity. It would have been nice to add MP support for quick custom missions. It just takes too long for mappers to create a map/mission and the quality I've seen so far hasn't been that great.

I'd play with those here but I'm not a supporting member.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
          Up to TG admin folks, but heres the solution if wanted:

Add the following to your HOSTS file to block the ads. Not only does it show you ads in the game but it sends back how long you viewed the ad and from what angle you viewed the ad.

127.0.0.1 madserver.net
          127.0.0.1 ad.madserver.net
          127.0.0.1 imp.madserver.net
          127.0.0.1 media.madserver.net
          Done.. Hopefully it works!
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Wow...

That's all I can say.

And sadly, I can see this being the future of gaming.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'd be OK with ADs if they were more randomly placed. Like when you threw grenades it would every once ane a while be a Pepsi can or something. Or maybe during a random gun reload a little sticker would show up on the side of the magazine saying "NRA - we keep you loaded".

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                Just check out this small clip and see what I'm talking about.... RIDICULOUS!

(DivX required for viewing)...

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/OverExposed.avi
                Y'know, I've never been able to download anything that you've linked to from Magnumland? Wait, the BF2 Expansion wallpaper, but nothing else... Do you take 'em down before the public leeches attack, or what?
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

no, but I cycle them...limited space and bandwidth... If you don't get it within a week or so... it's gone... moved on to other topics.

Sorry... just the way it is, some of the videos I host use up my monthly bandwidth within a few days, not that one of course, but others I've hosted.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X