Beginning of the end

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning of the end

I figured I'd post something here because those of us who like law enforcement simulations might still have this sub-forum subscribed. Think of it as a check-in/interest poll. As I'm sure many of you ole' SWAT 4 community members are aware: there is (in very early development) a new game on the horizon that has peaked my interest: Police 10-13. I won't go into much detail because that's what their website is for. It's an ambitious project for sure, and I'm making a lot of assumptions that this will kick off well and be everything I imagine it will be. What I'm really interested in though, that if this game does get launched, reaching the aspirations it hopes for, is to find myself in the company of good like-minded players, and would love to be a part of refreshing this specific part of the community.

I'm calling all cars on this one. Who's interested in this game (or anything like it?)

P.S. When I find my Swat 4 discs I'll probably lurk about here some more to see about getting some game on.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Re: Beginning of the end

This does look interesting. There is a lot of information to dig through and that website is loading very poorly for me at the moment...due to my current net connection. However, I'll likely be interested in how this will develop as I'm probably less interested in an adversarial PvP realm than a MP Coop mode. But, I know so little about it but the detail I've gathered so far it does look ambitious. I think the roadmap plan will give me much more ideas as to whether I'd be jumping at it sooner than later...I have little doubt that I'd be in full bore at some point. Pretty exciting idea indeed.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thanks for that Info... I'll keep an eye out. Still looking for that SWAT 4 replacement..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Update:

They've got several dev-blog videos and it looks like they're really pushing to actually make this happen. They certainly have the skills, but I'm worried about their business sense, as they seem to be struggling on the big partnerships deal (or they're just not announcing anything). I'm expecting a tech demo out at the end of the year, which (if I interpreted what they said correctly), could possibly be a free sample of what's coming next. My fingers are still crossed that this is a fantastically awesome game.

Comment

Beginning of the end

Sign me up. Take my money. I'm ready when y'all are lol. (subscribed)

Comment

I hope they're successful, but the entire project seems a bit optimistic - It's almost Star Citizen scale, but without the necessary funding (and no guarantee that they'll be able to obtain it). And the funding it self is a bit odd as well - Tiers with only alpha/beta access (having to pay for testing?). If memory serves, they started their public funding model back in late january/early feb. and I could've sworn their time limit back then was 45 or 60 days, so either I remember incorrectly, or they've extended the project timeline.

Comment

Was excited until i saw "Play as civilians" and "3rd person". :(

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                That and I do hope there is an emphasis on less lethal means like in SWAT. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be ultra-violent. The trailer was a bit dramatic, but I am willing to be open minded.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                  That and I do hope there is an emphasis on less lethal means like in SWAT. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be ultra-violent. The trailer was a bit dramatic, but I am willing to be open minded.
                  Absolutely agree. Wouldn't be a Law Enforcement sim without less lethal options.

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                    Playing as a civilian could add a good solid level of immersion. However, like... say: ARMA Zues, it would have to be carefully utilized so as not to cause pandemonium. I know some people just prefer 3rd person (and TBH, it looks beautiful enough that I might play a little in 3rd myself), but they also have a first-person view that I'll likely play most as.

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                    From trolling their forums and facebook, it looks like less lethal loadouts ("lolz" for the "L-itterisms") are going to play an important (and fully integrated into the mechanics as being useful) role in the officers arsenal.

Comment

Interesting.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                      The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X