Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server down/gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Server down/gone?

    Just wondering... SWAT 4 server gone...

    If so, I can understand it, most times I joined I loned wolfed it... still liked having it thou... but understand if removed for lack of interest.

    too bad really... such a great, realistic squad shooter... with only a small following needed... maybe when the add on comes... or not. lol

    tied with AA for squad realism in my book thou.
    Magnum |TG-18th|


    We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.


  • #2
    Re: Server down/gone?

    Originally posted by Magnum50
    Just wondering... SWAT 4 server gone...

    If so, I can understand it, most times I joined I loned wolfed it... still liked having it thou... but understand if removed for lack of interest.

    too bad really... such a great, realistic squad shooter... with only a small following needed... maybe when the add on comes... or not. lol

    tied with AA for squad realism in my book thou.
    Apophis hasn't said anything to me about it....I think Apophis was waiting for the expansion to gague whether to pull it or not.

    Damn shame really. Great game.

    BF2 is such crap compartively speaking: it's like comparing hamburger with filet mignon.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Server down/gone?

      Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      BF2 is such crap compartively speaking: it's like comparing hamburger with filet mignon.
      Amen! The squad tactics in BF2 are a bit like swimming upstream.
      New to TG?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Server down/gone?

        Blah blah blah, Bf2 sux, blah blah...

        Wait, look at the server status page! 62 players!?!

        CS:S? 6
        NS? 4
        DOD:S? 2
        SWAT? 0

        :D

        3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Server down/gone?

          Originally posted by Tempus
          Blah blah blah, Bf2 sux, blah blah...

          Wait, look at the server status page! 62 players!?!

          CS:S? 6
          NS? 4
          DOD:S? 2
          SWAT? 0

          :D
          Yep, that's about right. You got 62 kids online right now, and all of us MATURE gamers are waiting to leave work.

          Oh, but then the SWAT4 server would be dead anyway. Because we are all playing BF2. :D

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Server down/gone?

            Yeah that little thing called work and college keeps me from playing 24 hours a day. And then the problem of thousands of ports being blocked by my colleges network so I can't play BF2. So I play CSS and I'm looking at playing AA again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Server down/gone?

              OK, according to the big kahuna, the server should still be running. I haven't had a chance to check and see if it is down. I'm angling for some VPN access so I can upload some new missions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Server down/gone?

                Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                BF2 is such crap comparatively speaking: it's like comparing hamburger with filet mignon.
                I don't think they can be compared, really...

                This is the first co-op type game that I've really enjoyed, though. It's still just a bunch of dumb AI that they throw at you, and I got burned out fast. You can only play those missions so many times before they get boring.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Server down/gone?

                  Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  I don't think they can be compared, really...

                  This is the first co-op type game that I've really enjoyed, though. It's still just a bunch of dumb AI that they throw at you, and I got burned out fast. You can only play those missions so many times before they get boring.
                  I'm working with Apophis to get VNC access to the box to add more missions, or a mod, on the current install.

                  And we will be adding the expansion when it comes out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Server down/gone?

                    Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    And we will be adding the expansion when it comes out.
                    Yeah, but I don't think I'm going to spend any more money on this game... If the original SWAT4 got that old, that fast, why would I spend more money just to have some good gaming for another few weeks? Not worth it, IMO.

                    Maybe if the community had gotten into it and supported it with mods/maps/etc...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Server down/gone?

                      Well if it was down, it's back up... so find me for some co-op damn it, lol...

                      I'll be splitting MOST of my gaming time between AA and SWAT for a while...at least till Armed Assault comes out. ;)
                      Magnum |TG-18th|


                      We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X