2 SWAT4 news events...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 SWAT4 news events...

10-david (www.10-david.com) has two interesting pieces of SWAT4 news...

1.) a new SWAT4 trailer for the upcoming add-on...
    http://www.10-david.com/?p=news_item&id=896

2.) a mission/mod making contest...
    http://www.10-david.com/?p=news_item&id=893
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 2 SWAT4 news events...

I was excited about the expansion before seeing the trailer. After the trailer, I'm less excited. It's completely catered to the mainstream gamers. Oooooo, new weapons! Oooooo, people shooting! They didn't really emphasize how much coop game play would be changed with the expansion. I don't remember them saying anything about the VOIP support.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I agree to a point... they are making the game more to mainstream with some weapons and stuff like sniper rifles etc etc...

and that dumb terrorist story (SWAT don't have a "story", they respond to HOT, random, police calls.)

but there will be more tools to control a game/server, you'll be able to limit people from certain weapons ect ect...

basically SWAT4 is a great game.. I simply want more toys like chem lights, etc ect... and more maps, so more missions can be made.

I won't play this game with the public anyway, I only play tactical games with people that know and play to the tactics.... so I'm still looking forward to it still.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'm really looking forward for improved coop support and new missions. The stock ones got really stale, really fast. There are a couple of good custom missions out there but good missions take a long time to make.

Comment

This game is on my Santa list - hopefully there will still be some interest once St. Nick makes the rounds.
          [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
            I'm really looking forward for improved coop support and new missions. The stock ones got really stale, really fast. There are a couple of good custom missions out there but good missions take a long time to make.
            Simply play good custom missions that are already finished and released. On my server we often play custom maps, here's a small list (download links included) of what is installed (and that list isn't finished yet):
            http://home.arcor.de/Landorin/swat4.html

Hope to see some TGers there sometime. :) In any case, most maps are worth to take a look at, especially the various hotel maps.
            Last edited by Landorin; 12-05-2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landorin
              Simply play good custom missions that are already finished and released. On my server we often play custom maps, here's a small list (download links included) of what is installed (and that list isn't finished yet):
              http://home.arcor.de/Landorin/swat4.html

Hope to see some TGers there sometime. :) In any case, most maps are worth to take a look at, especially the various hotel maps.
              There aren't too many good custom missions around. I do have a bunch including the ones you have linked. I don't think they're going to last long though. Like I said, good missions take a long time to make.

Comment

I guess it's not really the maps only, it's probably the game, too. I mean, people keep playing Battlefield 2 all the time although it's more or less old now. So I wondered why is that, what is different about Swat 4? Well I figure it's because you have more or less the same game all the time. The only difference is the hostages/suspects being in a different spot but the rest stays the same while BF 2 and co. produce different situations all the time. Too bad in a way, I do like this game. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Landorin
                  I guess it's not really the maps only, it's probably the game, too. I mean, people keep playing Battlefield 2 all the time although it's more or less old now. So I wondered why is that, what is different about Swat 4? Well I figure it's because you have more or less the same game all the time. The only difference is the hostages/suspects being in a different spot but the rest stays the same while BF 2 and co. produce different situations all the time. Too bad in a way, I do like this game. :/
                  That's pretty much it. You know how to clear out the map and changing the suspect count/location isn't really that much different. You still know all the little nooks and crannies to check in every room. BF2 is much more dynamic. You could spend an entire round at one flag and still not know all the cool areas of it. Then once you learn the map, you can try playing it from the other faction's perspective. Plus, you're playing against humans and that adds a lot to replayability.

I hope some of the expansion maps are huge. The research facility map was pretty good in terms of size and layout. A good custom map like it is Warehouse 5th Street. It's huge and has some really interesting areas to clear.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X