No announcement yet.

Swat 4 12/13/05 Aar

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swat 4 12/13/05 Aar

I found Magnum in idleing in Teamspeak, so I suggested that we play a few maps.

Bad idea.

I've played the game. I love the game. I know the missions, the maps, and I'd like to think I know where the suspects are, and how to deal with them.

So does Magnum. He's lone-wolfed it, completed the game, played the mods....he knows his stuff.

The two of us together on the server? We got OWNED. Humiliated. The AI laughed in our face as it kicked sand in our face and stole our lunch money.

First up: Diamond Center

Came through the security room without a hitch. We got our coms, tactics, coverage down.

Come into the next room, yelling, "Police, Get your hands up!", and get headshoted peeking around a corner.

Magnum got killed when the second suspect flanked him.

Suspects: 1
    TG: 0

Come in, break to the left. Clear the first room, make our way down the left side of the building to the back. No problems.

Go upstairs, and on the way into the room, Magnum gets blocked by the hostage, and goes down.

I'm right behind him.

Suspects: 2

Medical Center

Come in, break right, kill the suspect in the waiting area. Magnum gets the reports in, as I grab his gun. So far, so good.

Move along left, back through the supply rooms, and come back to the nurse's station. Magnum goes down coming around the corner as I cover the office.

A suspect comes in a door, I drop him, thinking that was the guy that got Magnum. It wasn't.

Suspects: 3

We are determined not to let the Russian mob get the better of us. We clear the outside, and come in the back.

Once we get the downstairs cleared, there is a major lag spike. Magnum is good after a minute or so, but I'm useless for a good 2 minutes.

We get upstairs, and a major firefight ensues. I'm concentrating on 3 suspects that are firing at me, not realizing that Magnum has problems of his own.

A door opens, and I am flanked. Soon after, the guy that took me down, gets Magnum as well.

Suspects: 4

With a couple of more bodies, we might have had a chance. As it stands, the Suspects owned us 4-0.

We'll get them next time. :row__577:

Re: Swat 4 12/13/05 Aar

Actually... we did get owned... but thou we each have played SWAT4 alot, and know the map well... we lost because of a few things:

1. Bad Luck
    2. Game Mechanics
    3. That was are 1st time playing together

Like you said we had our tactics and comms down, but just had some bad incidents...

Diamond Center: No excuse, we got shot dead.

Taronne: that hostage got in my way when we entered to clear... IRL we would of ran over her without a second thought. lol

Medical Center: No excuse, I was watching the door, when the bad guy was hiding behind the file cabinet... I went down, I saw the mistake but "dead men don't talk", you engaged the one that came out of the door, but cabinet boy got you... too much to watch for two officers.

Walcott: Now that was fun, we mirror, bang and you go right I go left... I'm clear at first, you call three contacts, as I turn to help you, two walk in to my left... thats 5 bad guys on two sides, with two officers... we did it right, just the odds were stacked against us.

Great games, we just need a few more players.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

so how many is the max online? I would love to try this game someday.

5 right now... which is enough IMO... the add-on will be allowing 10.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

1) When is the add-on coming out?
          2) I'm willing to buy this game and play it with you guys - but I want to pick a night when we can meet and play before it's worth it to me to buy the game. (Can't be Monday)
          "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
          - Lazarus Long

unfortunitly... I can't give you a night to play... I play AA, OFP, and SWAT4 on a rotation, hoping to get as much game time as possible...

but normally I work evening/nights... and even when off, on call for three specialties, lol... so plans never work out for me.

Maybe a few others might be able to make a weekly plan.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed