SWAT4 add-on GOLD...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT4 add-on GOLD...

OK, just a matter of weeks... lets get that SWAT4 server up and running again once the add-on is released... for those interested... I know I'll be spending some time on it for at least a while... ;)

Gold - SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate

VU Games announces the completion of development on SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate, saying the expansion for the law enforcement first-person shooter sequel is due in North American stores in just over a month:
    LOS ANGELES – Jan. 27, 2006 – Vivendi Universal Games is pleased to announce that SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate, the expansion pack to SWAT 4 -- one of the highest-rated PC shooters of 2005 -- has gone gold and will ship to retail outlets in North America on February 28.

SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate, developed by Irrational Games, gives SWAT 4 fans more of the single- and multi-player action that made the original game so popular, and continues to challenge PC gamers to bring order to chaos in a variety of missions types. New features in the expansion pack include:

-- Seven new missions playable in single and multiplayer mode
    -- A new story element that ties missions together
    -- New objective types
    -- 10 player co-op mode
    -- New weapons such as the Colt Accurized Rifle and Cobra Stun Gun.
    -- New multiplayer mode, “Smash and Grab”
    -- Voice over IP in-game chat
    -- New equipment, including night vision goggles, ammo pouches and more
    -- Built in support for Stats and Ladders

SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate will be ship for personal computer on February 28 for an estimated retail price of $19.99 and an ESRB rating of “M” for Mature.

For more information, please visit www.swat4.com
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: SWAT4 add-on GOLD...

I'm getting this the day of release. Damn, now I have to go back and brush up on the game. Been a while.

Comment

Only 7 new missions?

I dunno if I'm going to get it or not...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        Only 7 new missions?

I dunno if I'm going to get it or not...
        From what I understand, the 7 missions are more like a new campaign. The really key point is 10 man co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
          From what I understand, the 7 missions are more like a new campaign. The really key point is 10 man co-op.
          10 man co-op? When I played co-op with 2 buddies it degenerated into an internal taser/pepper-ball fight within 5 minutes or so. After that, we moved onto trying to TK each other with C2. I doubt that anyone aside from the most hardcore of gaming groups will be able to use this feature fully and properly.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

What Munchkin... so funny you had to say it twice? lol ;)

Ya, I'm kinda disappointed personally in the add-on... I like the new weapons, toys, tools and the new 10-man co-op (even thou I found it almost impossible to scrap up 5 for co-op, lol)...

but I don't like only 7 new maps/missions... since the whole purpose of SWAT is to respond to different missions there should of been a BUNCH of them... like 20 or so.

and I don't like the campaign... thats rediculous for this game... like I said... SWAT responds to different situations and locations, and they are usually NEVER related into one person or gang.

but I am looking forward to it and will get it, I enjoyed the first one too much... whats another 20 bucks.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
              10 man co-op? When I played co-op with 2 buddies it degenerated into an internal taser/pepper-ball fight within 5 minutes or so. After that, we moved onto trying to TK each other with C2. I doubt that anyone aside from the most hardcore of gaming groups will be able to use this feature fully and properly.
              I dunno... We had some really good 4-5 man co-op games here when SWAT4 first came out. In fact, it's the first time I've ever enjoyed any type of co-op game.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                whats another 20 bucks.
                A case of ShinerBock!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

That's my kind of pricing so I expect to buy it. However, SWAT3 had 5+ coop support so it isn't going to be crowded at all. If you're only buying the expansion for the 10-player coop, get the SFF mod instead. The expanded coop from the expansion is nice but the other features make it worthwhile.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

How many people play this here? I always thought the game looked sweet....I'm going try the demo and seee how I like it.

Just what I need...anothe FPS in my life.

Dirt013
                    Dirt013

Comment

If you do decide to buy SWAT4... get the gold edition, which will be released same time as the add-on... it will contain both... think it's priced at 40 bucks.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                        If you do decide to buy SWAT4... get the gold edition, which will be released same time as the add-on... it will contain both... think it's priced at 40 bucks.
                        Interesting.... Might have to pick that up.

Comment

Snake champion?!

you really are a geek, lol... jk bro. ;)
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X