No announcement yet.

more and more maps...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more and more maps...

Anyone that has played SWAT 4 knows what a great tactical game it is... but it's weakness (IMO) is it's realality... SEE police work and therefore SWAT work is 90% boredom and 10% action... and once you know how to do Police/SWAT work... it's pretty much the same thing over and over...

Even in the SWAT 4 game... Once you've learned how to clear a building or room, it's pretty much the same thing over and over... just in different rooms and different buildings... that's even worst in SWAT 4 due to only giving you a bakers dozen of maps, with only 7 new maps said to be included in the upcoming add-on...

Well this is where the SWAT 4 community comes in... the more maps we have the more new areas we have to search and clear...

Here is a number of great maps that have been released for SWAT 4:

The first one is a map pack that contains another dozen or so maps that are all very well done and tested... just download, double click and it self installs.

(There is said to be another hugh map pack from a contest coming soon over at 10-david,, I'll post the news once released and tested.)

Then just recently there were three new maps released that are pretty good:
    (most can be obtained by Hot SWAT Mods)

One is "Pont Aeri" (which looks cool, but was very laggy for me and quite a few graphic problems... but it could just be me, I tested twice and same thing, so not for me.)

"Stuck in the Woods" is a new nice one...

"Wainwright Office" is a nice business one...

"Ashes and Ghost" is pretty cool, with a night one and a day one... SCARY... lol...

"Getts Residence" is another SWAT 3 remake classic...

and finally...(theres more) but these I have tested and recommend, "The Building" (a nice long hallway... good for teamwork training... with side rooms of course...

There... that should get you re-started with SWAT 4 till the add-on is released... soon.

Feel free to share any good maps you have found for SWAT 4... I'm always looking.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: more and more maps...

and a list of about 15 more here:

but I haven't had time to download or test any of those... (if you do, let us know what you think of what.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Awesome info. Thanks, Magnum!

FYI, sp-cineparkconflict, which is in the mappack, gave me the following protection fault error:

No Label

Crash Time: 02/05/06 22:10:03

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2005 MHz with 2047MB RAM
        Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (8198)

UserName: CingularDuality
        ComputerName: NUNYA
        Application location: C:\Program Files\Sierra\SWAT 4\Content\System\

SWAT Build Number: 31973

Access Violation caused General protection fault!

History: APawn::GetRoomName <- APawn::execGetRoomName <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Engine.Pawn.GetRoomName' OBJ='OfficerRedOne4'] <- APawn::execIsInRoom <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Engine.Pawn.IsInRoom' OBJ='SwatEnemy67'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='SwatAICommon.Hive.CanAssignOfficerToTarget ' OBJ='Hive7'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='SwatAICommon.Hive.CanAssignAnyOfficerToTar get' OBJ='Hive7'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='SwatAICommon.Hive.OfficerSawPawn' OBJ='Hive7'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='SwatAICommon.OfficerCommanderAction.OnPawn EncounteredVisionNotification' OBJ='OfficerCommanderAction36'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='SwatAICommon.CommanderAction.OnSensorMessa ge' OBJ='OfficerCommanderAction36'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Tyrion.AI_Sensor.sendSensorMessage' OBJ='VisionSensor102'] <- UObject::CallFunction [SCRIPT='Tyrion.AI_Sensor.setIntegerValue' OBJ='VisionSensor102'] <- UObject::ProcessEvent [Function SwatAICommon.VisionSensor.OnViewerSawPawn() on VisionSensor sp-cineparkconflict.SwatCharacterResource129.VisionSe nsor102] <- UVisionNotifyer::NotifySeen <- UVisionNotifier::OnVisionSearchCompleted <- ASwatAI::OnVisionSearchCompleted <- APawn::LookForPawns <- APawn::UpdateVision <- ASwatPawn::TickSpecial <- ASwatAI::TickSpecial [OfficerBlueTwo4 - Location: (756.277771, 2229.732422, -293.000000)] <- AActor::Tick [Actor: 'OfficerBlueTwo4' Actor->bDeleteMe: FALSE] <- ASwatRagdollPawn::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick [(NetMode=0)] <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop->GenerateExtraCrashInfo [(GLevel: 'myLevel' PendingLevel: '(NULL)' NetMode: 'NM_Standalone'] <- MainLoop
        And I thought it was just buggered 'cause my team wouldn't follow me...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

try it again... I had that error twice,with 2 different maps... once i tried them again, nothing....

so see if it repeats itself.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed