My Pre-opinion on SWAT add-on...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pre-opinion on SWAT add-on...

Ya I know...who cares what you think... well this is a forum so I'm going to express my views and opinions on the subject whether you like it or not. ;)

As you regulars know, I love SWAT4, I think it's one of the best, most realistic, most tactical cop shooters out there. Granted the use of force is too strict and the ad crap really pissed me off, but over all a GREAT game IMO.

I was happy to hear about the add-on, and was happy to hear about a number of things included in the add-on,, but was also disappointed in the direction they went...

The good:

VOIP support (we all know why)

10 person co-op (because real SWAT teams are 6, 8, and sometimes 10 men strong)

one overall leader (good, realistic, as long as not micromanaged)

New toys like night vision (even our small department/small SWAT team has night vision)

7 new maps (better then none)

New hands on attack (just hope it grabs them and throws them down to ground, not punching)

The Bad:

More weapons (to keep it realistic the only weapons should be a sidearm, a MP5, MP7, G36, AR15, M16, M4. thats more then what most use, 80% use just MP5's.) oh and occasional shotgun for specific purposes.

Sniper rifles (they did good with the sniper position in SWAT4, let you take control, allowing a entry team member a sniper rifle is ridiculous.)

Other tools (tazers are becoming popular, but thats about it... I don't know too many at all who carry pepper guns and cap stun (pepper spray), and rubber ball nades (the riot control teams have those) SWAT mostly has smoke, gas, and flashbangs.)

too few of maps. (SWAT responses and does the same thing over and over, but most places are always new/fresh, so 50 maps or so is right.)

now for the why:

I know there are exceptions to the rule and your local SWAT team just may use some of the stuff in game, but 80% of American Swat teams don't... they simply carry a side arm, a primary weapon as stated, flashbangs, and one or two specialties like tazer, hammer, ram, shotgun etc etc.)

If you want to keep SWAT4 realistic we need about 50 good and different maps. No story mode. and just the basics in equipment.

Granted... all those goodies are great for online play and other modes... but I pretty much play exclusively co-op.

I think IG (Irrational Games) just went for the game crowd wants, trying to turn SWAT4 into just another shooter...which I understand but personally theres enough games out there, I want realism, tactics and teamwork in my games. SWAT4 has it, but will the add-on ruin it... at the bare minimum I hope they give servers the options on gear and weapons.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My Pre-opinion on SWAT add-on...

Yes, need more maps!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: My Pre-opinion on SWAT add-on...

Originally posted by Magnum50
      (just hope it grabs them and throws them down to ground, not punching)

The Bad:

Sniper rifles (they did good with the sniper position in SWAT4, let you take control, allowing a entry team member a sniper rifle is ridiculous.)

Other tools (tazers are becoming popular, but thats about it... I don't know too many at all who carry pepper guns and cap stun (pepper spray), and rubber ball nades (the riot control teams have those) SWAT mostly has smoke, gas, and flashbangs.)

too few of maps. (SWAT responses and does the same thing over and over, but most places are always new/fresh, so 50 maps or so is right.)

First .. The Physical Motivator is a Single PUNCH... no throwing down etc.. I agree that a Push to the ground or a tackle would be best... but that may be another Game engine entirely...
      AS for the Weapons... The only new one I see is the Tazer Dart.. A little more range plus you get a Contact stunner also... Only 2 shots before reload..so I like it..
      I don't think a Sniper rifle is avaliable as an option for the team members..Just get Call outs from the Snipers and you can control THEM...like 4..
      The AI is better...the bastards just run through doors away from you.. Which makes life Very Difficult. And they tend to pull the trigger awefully quickly on ya..

I'm not sue the number of maps.. But I think you get approx. 6-7. .. But for $19.00 it's not bad. I guess it's up to the MOD community to come up with the 50 or so you (or All of us) would like...

Rock On..,
      --
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed