Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Credit From the Review

Magnum's Extra Credit:

Since cooperative play seems to be very popular especially with a community like ours, I’ve decide to share some hints and tips along with this review for your gaming pleasure.

If you play SWAT 4 the way it was meant and designed to be, with teamwork and tactics, you will enjoy this game a lot more, and a lot longer then those who don’t. SWAT 4 is not a run and gun; it’s a “tactical simulation” in my book.

My six rules for good co-op (subject to debate):

1. While the mission loads, while you’re at the weapons screen, talk about what you have or what you’re taking... and FYI, that non-lethal crap is BULL. Your primary should be a killing weapon, and a back up as the tazer or other non-lethal. Flash bangs are a must, and a door wedge. Every two man team should have an Opti-Wand.

Also pick a Leader, and assign two man teams... usually red with red, blue with blue. Obey and listen to the leader, and stick with your assigned partner.

2. Clear the outside first, recommend you wedge all the doors except for the one you’re entering in if possible.

3. The element leader is in charge; you obey and follow his orders. He does 90% of the talking, while you should simply be calling targets, calling "clear", or describing an opti-wand view when asked. Keep the teams relatively close, 2 don't clear up stairs while 2 downstairs... not enough fire power... now if you have 10 players then 5 up and 5 down is ok.

4. Don't over extend, if you enter a large room that leads to a partly covered back room or area, enter and hold, treat it as another room.

5. Know basic organizations, if officer 1 opens the door, officer 2 flash bangs it, then officer 1 enters button hooks to his side then officer 2 enters button hooks his side. (for 2 man entry), for a 4 man entry, officer three and four enter after 1 and 2, going deeper in, Do NOT block the door.

6. Understand that going through halls or preparing to enter a room is slow and methodical, optiwand every room; call the subjects and locations, along with victims.

Form a room plan (lead does this) "Breach, Bang, and Clear", "1 blow it, 2 flash it, 1 enters and engages subject (first one in a room goes after known subject), 2 enters and clears opposite or dark corner, 3 then 4 go deep in and star left and right".

It's slow and methodical on the set up, but when it's a GO... it's fast and furious, all of the element should be in the room within 5 seconds, within 10 the element leader should be hearing clear, four times.

Using the Opti-wand effectively:

The optiwand is an intelligence tool... 1 two man team is assigned to wand a door. The one with the wand uses it while his partner keeps his gun on door, incase its opened while wanding.

The wand officer reports the description of the room, how many subjects, with guns, and there location, (deep, close, left, center, or right)...

The wand report should kind of be like this:

"Small room, closed door on opposite side, subject with long gun far left around 10 o clock, hostage close in front, 5 feet or so".

Or

"Long hall way to the left with 2 closed doors, right side is a wall, to dark to see end of hall, no contacts".

Or

"Open room with extension to the left, bad guy kneeling behind desk, no hostages observed".

Then everyone shuts up, and the element leader calls out the plan... the plan being based on the intel... if subject contact, should use bangs or stingers, 1 opens, 2 tosses, 1 enters and immediately engages subject, then 2 enters, then 3 then 4... Bang, shoot, 1 "subject down, clear", 2, 3, and 4... "Clear".

If a empty room, the EL could say something like:

"open and clear on three, 1 button hook left, 2 button hook right, 3 then 4 enter far and clear"

3, 2, 1...GO!
    Last edited by Mateo; 03-14-2006, 10:43 PM.

Re: Extra Credit From the Review

This is kind of like what Magnum posted in the Tactics forum.

I'm one to use lethal instead of less lethal. It's more of a challenge.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      This is kind of like what Magnum posted in the Tactics forum.

I'm one to use lethal instead of less lethal. It's more of a challenge.
      This would be the 2.0 version. :row__577:

Comment

Well I included it in an attempt to have people visualizing the game and the fun, and just might want to pick up the gold edition, and get in on the action... I know few read these forums, but more would of read the "review".
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
          Well I included it in an attempt to have people visualizing the game and the fun, and just might want to pick up the gold edition, and get in on the action... I know few read these forums, but more would of read the "review".
          Yeah, I know, frikin' editors! :row__577:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X