No announcement yet.

SSF v3 realism mod for ss expansion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSF v3 realism mod for ss expansion...

Well this ain't very important news right now, lol, while I download the GRAW demo, 68%... but anyway...

The SSF SWAT 4 clan, the makers of the excellent Realism series of mods, has made a mod for the expansion titled, Realism v3... you can download it on there site:

http://www.sheriffsdpt.com/downloads.html

the read me is there to, might load it later...but busy now. ; )
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: SSF v3 realism mod for ss expansion...

I gave this a quick try. Played the first career mission. Very nice changes to the AI. More realistic behavior from suspects and civilians. Even your fellow AI officers behave better. Also some nice minor changes too. Like reducing the time to pull out the wand, reducing the time to zoom in and out, each wedge slot is now 5 wedges, etc. You get to use all the guns, including the criminal's weapons, if you're into that kind of thing. Plus the mod includes more new maps.

I did notice a small bug with the AI, a suspect ran from us into the adjacent bathroom. My AI officers who could no longer see the suspect never the less pointed their weapons at the suspect and tried to cover him. At this point my AI buddies would no longer obey orders because they were "busy" covering the hostile suspect. I'm not sure if it was the suspect that flushed the drugs or the suspect that was holding the civilian hostage that caused this bug. I only regained control of my guys after I had cleared the room on my own. Overall it's a minor bug I can work around for now and wouldn't be a problem in coop. I'm not complaining, it's not the like stock AI is perfect. I've seen the stock AI do plenty of stupid things too.

Thanks for pointing this mod out Magnum, it's well worth the download.

Comment

Ill have to give this a try.

Comment

Nice review, Fish.

This mod sounds like it adds some nice improvements, and it definitely sounds in line with the TG style. Would this be something we'd want to try on the server?

Comment

Im up for anything, I will download this today and see what its got going for it. +rep fried
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention the mod also adds a new command. "Try the door" when pressed does nothing if the door is unlocked, if it's locked, you hear the knob jiggle and see the message change to locked door.

Comment

I think that will help us out alot, even if the rest of it doenst work just that feature is enough for me to want it on the server
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I liked the original mod, but didn't see a huge value to adding it to the server, but I will check this out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X