SWAT public TG night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT public TG night

We have a couple vet TG memebers who are not SMs, who usta be, that have SWAT but would like to play with us on monday nights. Now i know the SWAT server is a private server, for TG SMs only. Would it be possible for our Monday night games to make it public just for that night so we can get these left out players? If not i fully understand and will support any desicion that is made on this topic. Just wanted to get that out there so we can get those who have the game can play.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: SWAT public TG night

I'd be up for it. Maybe we could give the server a unique password every Monday night, to be given out only on Teamspeak. Those players who wanted to play would actually have to join Teamspeak to get it, and work with us as part of the team, which I'm sure any interested TG player would do.

Comment

Magnum or I can change the password, no problem, but it would depend on who the players are.

We only have 10 slots, and last time we had 7 players show up. We consistently get 5-10 players on Monday, depending on how people are juggling Tac-Mod, Ghost Recon, SWAT4 that night. If I put a password out on the forum, we will have double that amount trying to join, and will run into an issue of clearing space for SMs.

Since TvT SWAT4 is no different than any other FPS, we are pretty much locked to 10 slots.

How about invite only?

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        How about invite only?
        I like that. On a similar note, what about a weekly sign up (with preference going to SMs, if needed)?

Comment

I prefer "invite' only"...

Because I've played on open servers, and rarely find good team work and tactics...

I would also hope, JMO, that they could and would read our SWAT SOP, since, for proper tactics and teamwork, the way we play is a must... everytime someone new joined the server, we would have to take time to explain how the number system works, your SWAT buddy, etc etc.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Oh and my 2 cents on the sign up, I prefer not... because if someone sees that 10 have signed up already they will think it's full and will go elsewhere... and some who sign up may not be able to attend at the last minute...

We don't have a hugh following where we have to kick people yet, so IMO all this is a little pre-mature.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

turbo mentiond this so blame him...why not just invite those players we know will play SWAT like we do, non SMs that is
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                turbo mentiond this so blame him...why not just invite those players we know will play SWAT like we do, non SMs that is
                If you have anyone you want to have access, PM Magnum or I, and we will handle it from there.

Comment

I'd be interested in joining. So far I played only Battlefield 2 very often on the TG servers (with a lot of excitement). If the Swat 4 teamwork is as good I'd be excited to join. ;)

Comment

Make sure you read the SOP's carefully, PM Mateo and Magnum.

Comment

normally the SWAT4 TS channel is empty. Maybe to get more play during the week a password should be made available in the forums, possibly only for people registerred in the forums. Then on Monday nights make the server for SM's only.
                      Furthermore a system could be set-up like early on in the BF2 days where if an SM wants to join and the server is full all he had to do is contact an admin who would free upu a slot.
                      Maybe this would get games going on nights other than Monday night... I now I am looking forward to being allowed to purchase this :) Stupid fiancees :)

Comment

I like the idea of SMs haveing the password, keeps the game private and TG
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...