How could SWAT be modded better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could SWAT be modded better?

I'm not suggesting any of this be done, and I sure the hell know nothing about modding a game...
    But with the past great work members of Tactical Gamer have done in modding for Ghost Recon, and recently Battlefield 2... I do wonder...

What would be needed, deleted or, added to make a SWAT tactical mod?

I would like to see the overlay removed, none of it's needed... like the body outline showing damage, or even the ammo count... you should know your ammo count, and you should be loaded a full mag upon entry to a new area.

I'd like to see individual name tags on the back uniforms, that way element leaders would know who is who... then also get rid of the name that pop's up above a placer when you place the sight on them, (I think that can be done in options if I remember correctly.)

I'd like to be able to pick up down officers weapons and equipments, and the same with bad guys doing that.

more?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: How could SWAT be modded better?

The underlying engine is the last Unreal engine, right? In which case, most of these changes should not be tremendously difficult to implement.

Comment

Nice ideas, magnum.

I'd like to see trickier behavior from the suspects; quicker to pick up their weapons after surrendering yet remaining unrestrained. I want a suspect to try and shoot me if I pull out the zipcuffs before securing his weapon.

This deals with AI, and thus would likely be far more difficult to implement than magnum's ideas.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

scoreing. I think it should be modded to emulate the actual scoring for a mission.

Originally posted by fancy pants
        I'd like to see individual name tags on the back uniforms, that way element leaders would know who is who... then also get rid of the name that pop's up above a placer when you place the sight on them, (I think that can be done in options if I remember correctly.)
        i would like to make a skin pack for us all to have. if i could figure that out i would make one for each of us
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Aren't some of these things (especially with the AI) already done in this mod? (You can view the mod's README here.)

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
            Aren't some of these things (especially with the AI) already done in this mod? (You can view the mod's README here.)
            Some of them are, some of them aren't.

Comment

Maybe we could start with this realism mod and adjust it as necessary. This approach worked very well for making our CoD2 server more tactically oriented. According to the developers, they are fine with this if the proper procedures are followed:

If you are a modder and are interested in using our mod as a base, the only thing we ask, is 5 things. :)

1) Email us for premission, and let us know what you are planning on doing.
              2) Give us credit were credit is due. A lot of time was spent making this for your enjoyment and all we ask for is a little respect.
              3) The mod must be renamed. You can't name it "SSF version 4," etc.
              4) You cannot sell this mod for ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER.
              5) Read & Follow the EULA for this mod.

Comment

Yes alot are in that mod, but I only play with TG, and thou I have the mod...never really got to test out there changes...

But I still would like to remove the overlay images, and name tags for officers.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Yes, I saw magnum's earlier post about that mod, but never read the readme - thanks for the link. If I install it, am I still able to run vanilla SWAT4, or may I only run the modded version of the game? That subject is not covered in the manual, as far as I could see.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Yes, it's it's own excutable... but I don't play SP anymore, strictly co-op with my TG boyz, lol... I might lone wolf it just for fun once in a while. lol
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Magnum, I'm recommending that we install the mod on the TG server, so that we can use it in coop.

Comment

Has it been tested for stability? If so, those changes sure look cool.

Comment

I know that when we tried adding new maps to the server a while ago, it was terrible... it locked the server if I remember correctly... but thats up to the tactical officers and Apophis.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

If we wanted to try it out, I'd certainly be up for helping to install and/or test, if needed.

Comment

Count me in for potential testing as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X