• Show
Clear All

Re: How could SWAT be modded better?

we wanna do this tonight?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Might be better to do it on a non-event night.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
        Might be better to do it on a non-event night.
        I would think so, too.

Comment

I've taken a look at the mod in single player. . .interesting. . .seems pretty stable, does anyone want to test it on the server? Friday is Cinco de Mayo (party day in San Diego), so maybe Saturday?
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

If we cant do it on our server maybe we could find a server with it and try it there
            -Vulcan

Comment

So the new maps on the server idea didn't work?

Nothing breathes fresh life into a game like new maps. The more SWAT scenarios in unmemorized places the better...

That is the sole reason GR stayed around so long...

Comment

yeah i think some good quality maps would be great, we play the same 6 over and i have the rooms memorized. I know turbo and fried have been testing some new maps out, maybe they could list what they got
                -Vulcan

Comment

A realism mod and some quality user-made maps would definitely get my vote. We've still got some time left with the stock maps, but I think the sooner we start exploring the option of using user-made maps, the better.

Comment

We tried that map pack I tested and shared long ago... works great for me, but it crashed our server...so was removed...

But I'm game for the "realism mod" and some new maps too...

But Apophis is away on a business trip, and he would be the one to approve and agree on the mod and maps, and then would have to load them up to server and for us gamers to download, and after the last screw up, I'm not sure he would want to risk it...but you guys know him better then me. ;)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                      But Apophis is away on a business trip, and he would be the one to approve and agree on the mod and maps, and then would have to load them up to server and for us gamers to download, and after the last screw up, I'm not sure he would want to risk it...but you guys know him better then me. ;)
                      Umm, yeah, probably not. I can access the box, put stuff on there, but the server is so tempramental that going to mod it is something I won't do without Apophis' say so.

I can imagine the discussion now..."Um, Apo, yeah, can you reinstall SWAT4? Yeah, those mods we put up hosed the server."

The odd this is: there was nothing ostensibly wrong with the server or the maps that we added. I tested it on my install as a local server, and no issues. Magnum did the same. On the TG server: crash-ola.

Maybe the server was giving us commentary on the map selection. :icon19:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X