The "I'm serious" thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I'm serious" thread...

OK, now that we had fun in the other post about our gaming, along with the screenshots I posted it's time for this ADMIN to get medieval on some of you!

Don't take this personal, don't take it as a insult, take it as a learning experience... some of you, not all, but some... need to get your heads out of your donkeys, and wake up and smell the SWAT coffee or some of you... will find your selfs pushing papers back at TOC (tactical operation center), ordering new flashbangs, and scheduling training areas. lol

We've been a team for quite a while now, yes we have a few new comers, time for them to step up to the plate...watch and learn, but the regulars should know the basics like the back of there hand already.

1. Too much talking... the only one that should be talking when the mission starts should be the element leader... and during the mission the EL does 90% of the talking, the only thing other officers should be saying over comms is things like "contact", "Subject", "clear", or "stop"... and also whoever is mirroring a room, giving his proper report. The EL calls the shots (and even I need to stop butting in and making on the spot corrections, most should know it now).

2. as soon as the mission starts, everyone freeze, turn to the nearest door and cover it... then the EL can assign numbers to officers without having officers walking around looking at things or punching other officers.

3. remember, your assigned a partner, the odd number (1,3,5,7,9) officer is the leader of that 2 man team, the even number officer (2,4,6,8) backs up the odd officer, and never leaves more then 5 yards away. 1 and 2 never leave each other, 3 and 4 never leave each other 5 and 6 never leave each other... would it be easier to once the numbers are assigned every know that team A is 1 and 2, team B is 3 and 4, Team C is 5 and 6, and Team D is 7 and 8?

That way the element leader can simply say "Element Stack right", Team A open and bang, button hook left, team B follow button hook right, Team C penetrate strait"... Team A (officer 1 and 2) should already know that 1 opens the door, 2 flashes over his head, 1 enters first followed by 2... then 3, then 4...etc ect So the EL shouldn't have to be calling out your number and assigning you a duty... as the front team you should know 1 opens, 2 flashes, you swap numbers on your own, within your team, when you know your out of bangs but number 1 still has them, 2 then becomes 1 and 1, 2.)

4. New rule (feedback, opinions welcomed)... If your partner goes down, you go to the end of the line and pull rear security. Since either you or your partner failed your duties, then the next team moves up. IE:

Team A, and B stack, they enter, officer 3 (from team B dies), 4 finishes the clear... but then on the next door/entry, officer 4 goes to rear guard... and the next room should be teams A and C stack up prepare for entry.

5. It was a new guy, can't recall who but he was assigned as my partner... last night more then once he couldn't stand still, we were covering doors while the other teams clear other ares... he keep walking around, mirroring doors on his own, even went into a couple of open doors on his own... just bored... to that person... feel free to play the game any way you see fit except on MONDAY nights when TG has the server, and especially when I am playing... next time I will put a bullet in you and let you either quit or watch the rest of the mission. no joke!

6. remember slow down, let the EL call the stack, let the EL call the shots, and let the EL give the go command... don't talk unless theres a threat, don't advise anymore (to me) the EL should know it, if not I will critique it later. Then when the go command is issued know your role, know your position, and know your area of responsibility... then as a element initiate it like a bolt of lightning.

7. and one more then, for better communications.. if you enter and see a suspect, call it out, engage him, or handcuff him... once thats done in your sector use the right mouse button and report clear.. don't say clear over comms, just right mouse it and say it that way... that way theres less talk (because the right side may be clear, but the left is still engaging), we can see on the screen when there all clear... now not with contacts, report those verbally and immediately.

There... anything else... feedback and suggestions welcomed... Yes I know it's "just a game"... but I play with TG exclusively, because most of you have the same belief, same goal about computer games that I do...

T&T Tactics and Teamwork.

Playing the game they way it was designed to be played.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: The "I'm serious" thread...

Good post. Wilco.

Originally posted by Magnum50
    4. New rule (feedback, opinions welcomed)... If your partner goes down, you go to the end of the line and pull rear security. Since either you or your partner failed your duties, then the next team moves up. IE:

Team A, and B stack, they enter, officer 3 (from team B dies), 4 finishes the clear... but then on the next door/entry, officer 4 goes to rear guard... and the next room should be teams A and C stack up prepare for entry.
    Sounds good. :icon14:

Comment

I think you posted what some of us other players are feeling. I apologize if i have ever ruined a gaming night for anyone, thats the last thing i would ever want to do at TG

Originally posted by EL
      I really like that idea, and if that happens it kind of keeps the rotation of those in the back moving up to get some action. Just if we do this rule the switch needs to be made known, and i think the EL needs to reassign numbers just so we all hear it, even if we all know it.

+rep
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Also, a suggestion regarding the numbering of officers --

When the number assignments are made, I write mine and my partner's on a Post-It note, and I try to write down everyone else's number assignment as well. I'd recommend that we all write down at least our own number when the assignments are made, and preferably the number of our partner, too.

Comment

Sounds good. Not as punishment for failing one's duties, but because a single player becomes ineffective. Pull rear guard duty until another officer goes down (*GASP!!* I mean IF another officer goes down) and then maybe the EL will reassign partners.

5. It was a new guy, can't recall who but he was assigned as my partner... last night more then once he couldn't stand still, we were covering doors while the other teams clear other ares... he keep walking around, mirroring doors on his own, even went into a couple of open doors on his own... just bored... to that person... feel free to play the game any way you see fit except on MONDAY nights when TG has the server, and especially when I am playing... next time I will put a bullet in you and let you either quit or watch the rest of the mission. no joke!
          I laughed my butt off reading that, but in all seriousness, that is unacceptable gameplay here at TG. If you want to go running off by yourself, play by yourself. Most of us are adults with rather busy lives. If I can clear up an hour or two to get some games in, I don't want some "RAMBO" running around screwing up the game. Nobody wants to be a hard ass, but if you are the EL, it is your job to set players straight. One warning...followed by a bullet and/or server ban (temporary until the situation can be fully examined). Don't ruin the gameplay for everyone else. Pretend you are really on a SWAT op...and you are responsible for the lives of every man (and woman??) around you. Every idle moment should be spent looking to cover the uncovered approach...

Great post Mags. I'd give you REP, but apparently i need to spread it around some before coming back to you... :icon19:

Comment

And once again, all the life out of a game is stamped out in the name of realism. I understand where you are coming from, but with such a small player base, these sorts of posts are counter productive.

As current GO, I neither aqree with, nor endorse, anything that puts a chilling effect on any game we have. Needless rule creation does that.

Every single SWAT4 game that I have attended has resulted in the superlative gameplay that Tactical Gamer is known for. I don't see any reason to mess with that success.

I'll leave the thread open for discussion for now.

Comment

In my opinion, the folks who are going to play SWAT 4 here are the sort of folks who would appreciate rules like this. For me, at least, this game is definitely more fun when there is a solid SOP to follow; it's when folks go bumbling around the map, getting killed and bouncing off walls, that I get frustrated. I welcome these rules.

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              ...but with such a small player base, these sorts of posts are counter productive.
              Did you consider that the (growing) playerbase that we have for SWAT 4 might be because of these sorts of rules and this style of play?

Comment

Leave my post open? jee thx...

Feel free to remove me from the admin list any time you want game officer...

You guys want another CounterStrike in SWAT uniforms by all means play like you want...

I shared this information, SOP, and feedback to better the game play and make it as realistic as possible, which is what I thought TG was all about... but if the GO, that rarely plays in the first place, don't like it... show up and run it yourself.

Have a good day.

BTW: this should of been brought up in the admin forum, instead of disagreeing infront of the members... but oh well.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I like your idea's Magnum. SWAT 4 is a serious game and their is on room for running around not listening to orders.

Comment

Ok, Ok, Ok...

We are all mature gamers here.

Why don't the 2 ADMINS take this discussion to a more private setting and lets clean up this thread ASAP.

Magnum is simply looking to "up" the fun factor by making it as realistic as possible (it's a game it will never be REAL) and Mateo is trying to make sure that it's not overdone, making the game unenjoyable...

Regardless, the TG SWAT community stands by to play as strict (within decided limits) as we always have...

Comment

Leave my post open? jee thx...

Feel free to remove me from the admin list any time you want game officer...

You guys want another CounterStrike in SWAT uniforms by all means play like you want...

I shared this information, SOP, and feedback to better the game play and make it as realistic as possible, which is what I thought TG was all about... but if the GO, that rarely plays in the first place, don't like it... show up and run it yourself.

Have a good day.

BTW: this should of been brought up in the admin forum, instead of disagreeing infront of the members... but oh well.
                      Ah, I'm a bit cranky today. I have brought this up in the admin forum, though, and that did not prevent you from posting.

Besides, we are talking about SOPs for a very small number of SMs, all of whom are regulars, and pillars of the community...so I think transparency is key.

Magnum, you are great at ideas, and storm off in a huff when challenged. That's up to you.

When you preface a post with "I'm serious..." and "Admin" that sends a message that is contrary to your intent.

Be a teacher, not a disiplinarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
                        Did you consider that the (growing) playerbase that we have for SWAT 4 might be because of these sorts of rules and this style of play?
                        Yes, I have.

The players that have shown up to this game are players that are either longtime members of the TG Community, or members of existing inhouse squads. As such, they are familiar with the SOPs, Tactics, and "way" we do things.

Since we are all part of that set, I don't think there needs to be a post from an admin that treats that group like some fragmonkeys. You don't need every rule explained to you: 90% of the time, you do what you are told, and execute proper tactics.

If players are not, then they will get jettisoned. Do we really need a new set of SOPs to cover that? No.

So I have no problem with the message, but the method of communication. I would rather have seen this as a Tactics post, which is where the meat of the message is.

Comment

Holy crap! Is en4rc playing SWAT 4?!?
                          [volun]

Comment

you didn't see the gameplay last night, lol...

and thou the post was labeled "serious", I would hope people were smart enough to understand the inside jokes and comments... It was a serious critique of the problems I saw last night... but then I tried to add humor in it, that I guess some didn't get...

IE: "have you sitting behind a desk ordering flashbangs"
                            IE: "putting a round in you when you run off on your own"
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Last night was a mess at times, I only played one game and I was already frustrated.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X