Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swat 4 Crashes on Load

Hey,

So I got Swat 4 from Direct2Drive and it crashes on load with the error, "Unable to create mouse lag handler surfaces". Searching on Google for this, I found this thread, which recommends "deleting the swat4.ini file" and then when that didn't work setting my "Virtual Memory to 1536 Initial and Maximum".

Does anyone know how I cans set my Virtual Memory like it says? And is there anything I should be worried about tweaking Virtual Memory? I'm on a laptop, by the way.

This is the full error message I get when it crashes:

Code:
    No Label

Crash Time: 05/10/06 00:13:22

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1731 MHz with 503MB RAM
    Video: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (4020)

UserName: NateW
    ComputerName: NATE
    Application location: C:\Program Files\Sierra\SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\System\

SWAT Build Number: 1.0

Unable to create mouse lag handler surfaces

History: UD3DRenderDevice::Present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop->GenerateExtraCrashInfo [(GLevel: 'myLevel' PendingLevel: '(NULL)' NetMode: 'NM_Standalone'] <- MainLoop
    [volun]

Re: Swat 4 Crashes on Load

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance -> Advanced -> Change.

Select custom size, enter 1536 for both initial and maximum, hit set, OK, APPLY.

Changing it to 1536MB shouldn't hurt anything - but don't hold me liable if it does! LOL
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I've never seen this error, nor do I know if deleting the swat.ini will do anything. But I do know that swat4 and the swat4 expansion run under 2 separate exe files and have their own ini files. So if you're running the expansion, and your error message would seem to show that you are, you want to go to Sierra\SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\System and remove the swat4x.ini file.

Comment

Thanks Tybalt and Fried. The Virtual Memory thing didn't work. When I get a little more time I'll try the .ini.
        [volun]

Comment

I noticed something else odd...why does the Build #=1.0. Doesn't SWAT 4 Expansion build=1.1?

Comment

H, if you're running the original SWAT 4 (with no expansion), did you install the v1.1 patch? It looks like you're running v1.0; if so, the patch may solve your issue.

EDIT: Mateo beat me to it.

Comment

But he got it off of direct 2 drive.....i think its already patched.....
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

H, you didn't try to install your aimbot hax from GR, did you? I don't think it's compatible with SWAT 4. ;) :D

Comment

If he is useing hacks in GR....he should upgrade upto the ones that actually help his aim....
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                    But he got it off of direct 2 drive.....i think its already patched.....
                    Not necessarily. Some of the D2D stuff requires special patches, some have not been patched.

I recall that if you put the expansion on over an unpatched version of SWAT4, it will throw errors like this. I did it, and had to reinstall. The thing that leads me to believe that the game is unpatched is the versioning: it should say 1.1 if the game has been patched.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                      If he is useing hacks in GR....he should upgrade upto the ones that actually help his aim....
                      This coming from the guy who can only seem to find the back of his teammate's heads in his sights.

Comment

The direct 2 drive is one EXE....you intall the exe and it gives you 2 shortcuts

its not my fault you give me a number other than 1
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                          Not necessarily. Some of the D2D stuff requires special patches, some have not been patched.

I recall that if you put the expansion on over an unpatched version of SWAT4, it will throw errors like this. I did it, and had to reinstall. The thing that leads me to believe that the game is unpatched is the versioning: it should say 1.1 if the game has been patched.
                          Yeah, as Trooper said, the D2D is a single EXE that installs both SWAT 4 and the expansion. I will search for a patch, but to my knowledge there is no way to install just SWAT 4 and then patch and then expansion.
                          [volun]

Comment

Ok, I found a patch for SWAT 4, but it doesn't look like its for SWAT 4 Gold. I'll install and we'll see.
                            [volun]

Comment

Ok, the patch EXE says I already have it installed... maybe I can contact D2D about this.
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X