How to run a SWAT team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run a SWAT team?

With recent discussions, I wanted to be sure we SWAT players were on the same sheet of music. So I wanted to know what you think of how the server/game night is ran, via the SOP and rules and leadership in game.

So please vote and comment.
    Very strict, via a detailed SOP, and by the numbers.
    58.82%
    Strict, have a basic SOP/plan, but let people have more freedom in game.
    41.18%
    With some basic tactics but more fun.
    0.00%
    Like a run and Gun, let everyone do what they want in game, they bought it.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: How to run a SWAT team?

I personally play SWAT for its rules and team work, if things are loosened up we die more and the missions dont get done
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I took the second option. My philospophy is that we put the strict SOPs out there, and be more lenient ingame, to allow for learning, goofing off, and the acknowledgement that games are meant to be fun, not work.

Then again, near sims like SWAT4 require a bit more professionalism and maturity than the bulk of the other titles that we host, so Magnum is right, we probably need to err on the side of "by the numbers".

Comment

good point mateo, looking over who plays this game and who leads, i think it really depends on who is leading. I know when i lead im alittle more general in my orders cause my element knows what they are doing, but when magnum leads he gives orders and we follow them to the letter, just how he likes it run and since he is in charge that round thats how we do it. Not trying to stir things up or offend anyone, thats how i see it going from game to game.

I know all of us love the game for the teamwork and jesting we do, its a tight group of gamers that enjoy the game how its ment to be played.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I here ya, and I do agree that it needs to remain fun... my belief was that while learning we needed to be strict and professional, but now that most have played quite a few times the gameplay can be relaxed just like IRL, after a team trains and works together it gets alot more easier and routine...

Team A (officer 1 and 2) know that there suppose to enter and clear left on a button hook while team B (officer 3 and 4) go right... so instead of the EL (element leader) saying:

"Officer 1 and 2 stack left, 3 and 4 stack right, on three 1 open, 2 bang, team enter button hook with 1 and 2 left, 3 and 4 right, one two three...go"

Now the EL should only need to say "Basic Stack, team A and B, breach bang and clear, button hook, go when ready"

Officer 1 would know he's opening the door, 2 is flashing, then enter by the numbers, 1,2,3 and 4. four clears.

So what I'm saying, I think we can back away from the strict by the number orders and gameplay, and go with the basic yest disciplined entries.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Magnum, when 1 and 2 go one direction and 3 and 4 go the opposite direction, is that a basic entry or a button hook? I'm looking at your SOP for SWAT and it looks like a basic entry.

Comment

well a 2 man basic entry is a button hook, 1 on each side...
              a 4 man button hook is team A (1 and 2) to the left, team B (3 and 4) to the right...

Maybe I need to explain it better in the SOP.

So yes, a basic entry is a basic stack, 2 on left, 2 on right, with a button hook, left and right.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                well a 2 man basic entry is a button hook, 1 on each side...
                a 4 man button hook is team A (1 and 2) to the left, team B (3 and 4) to the right...

Maybe I need to explain it better in the SOP.

So yes, a basic entry is a basic stack, 2 on left, 2 on right, with a button hook, left and right.
                The more you explain, the better off everyone will be game time.

With pictures, if possible. Even ascii diagrams are helpful for people to know their role. :icon19:

Comment

Some diagrams would help, even basic MS paint diagrams. A box for the room, some circles for the team members. I would draw them, but I'm not 100% sure of all the entry patterns.

Comment

I think the main problem is people dont listen or dont know the SOPs and forget their number. Thats a big issue, once that gets taken care of things are good.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                      I think the main problem is people dont listen or dont know the SOPs and forget their number. Thats a big issue, once that gets taken care of things are good.
                      Since you are always going first, you don't have an issue remembering which number you are. Much safer for the rest of us. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X