Not very friendly here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not very friendly here...

I showed up for the SWAT 4 night tonite. I installed the addon map pack as in the SOP's... sat around in the TS channel and listened while a mission was in progress. I read the forums while I waited looking for a password.... I came across the post saying that due to the 10 player limitation only registered TG players could join. I did notice tho that at least half or more of the players were not supporting members so I thought maybe I could join in. When a new game started I asked for the password.... I was told to guess it.... thanx for nuthin... if you don't want non supporting members to play fine... but I see no need to be rude and discourteous with a comment like that.. I guess I just didn't know the right people because apparently some non supporting members get to play... a little pick and choose I guess.. Not that i matters, but I was a supporting charter member when TG was just starting up and looking for like minded team players... I don't remember being treated like this back then... I frequent the Falcon 4 server regularly and have been considering re-joining again as a supporting member, but I seem to have a foul taste in my mouth now....

Re: Not very friendly here...

I have no idea why someone would be so rude, but yes, a select few non-supporting members are allowed on the server. You must forgive us for not giving the password out to someone that hasn't participated in the SWAT4 forums, and I certainly hope that you'll be satisfied with an apology for the behavior you experienced. That is certainly NOT the kind of behavior that we tolerate here.

I can understand the foul taste that you might have, but I hope that if you hang out here for a while, you'll get the opportunity to see what TG SWAT4 is all about!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Now here is how it was stated, "the password is half of our name", that much was given to you over TS. By the time we where ready to load up i did say the password over TS but you had already left. As i do recall 1 of those members out of the 9 is not a SM, he was invited. We dint mean to be rude, that was our last intention.

Some night we will have a public SWAT night, i guess then we can get more non-SMs to join
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Fanatik
        I showed up for the SWAT 4 night tonite. I installed the addon map pack as in the SOP's... sat around in the TS channel and listened while a mission was in progress. I read the forums while I waited looking for a password.... I came across the post saying that due to the 10 player limitation only registered TG players could join. I did notice tho that at least half or more of the players were not supporting members so I thought maybe I could join in. When a new game started I asked for the password.... I was told to guess it.... thanx for nuthin... if you don't want non supporting members to play fine... but I see no need to be rude and discourteous with a comment like that.. I guess I just didn't know the right people because apparently some non supporting members get to play... a little pick and choose I guess.. Not that i matters, but I was a supporting charter member when TG was just starting up and looking for like minded team players... I don't remember being treated like this back then... I frequent the Falcon 4 server regularly and have been considering re-joining again as a supporting member, but I seem to have a foul taste in my mouth now....
        The SWAT4 sever is for Supporting Members only. Non-supporting members are allowed only through invitation.

I'm sorry that you thought that players not breaking the rules to give you the password was discourteous, but they have been charged with protecting that password.

Comment

After a flurry of PMs, I've decided to reopen this thread to give Fanatik a chance to respond, and Magnum wanted to respond.

Since everyone is being so reasonable, I see no problem with reopening this.

Don't make me regret it.

Comment

Id hate to give a TG vet a bad taste from a misunderstanding. Thats the last thing any of use SWAT players want. Maybe we need to rethink the public server night
            -Vulcan

Comment

I think I was AFK when this happened. I just remember Fanatik asking if we were running the expansion pack as we were playing a round. When the round finished I went AFK and when I came back they were asking if he was loading up because the 10 minute timer was running out and someone said he wasn't in TS anymore or in the SWAT 4 channel.

Not sure what the solution is to the password but maybe having it open to people that register at TG. Make it clear that if they dont follow the SOP's they will be kicked and if a supporting member wants to play they will be asked to leave after the round is over. Dont know, pretty tough one to fiqure out.

Comment

The situation has been resolved via PM's, how this stuff should be resolved, it was a misunderstanding on my part (I'm the one that said it), and Fanatik's part...

As for our solution, as of right now it will remain SM's and invited guest only because were already at maximum capability on the server, who knew SWAT would get so popular, lol, I didn't... all the rules and different SOP thought would scare some away...

and if we keep getting over burdened on the server, not yet, but we may see SM's only no ands, ifs, or but's. but thats for a later discussion... group hug now. ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Guys, I appologize for being a bit over sensitive last night... I had no intentions of starting a flame thread. I had read a forum post from a few weeks back about making monday nights a session that some non-supporting members may participate. When I joined TS last night I saw that half of the people on TS had a U next to their name leading me to beleive that they were non-supporting members. I had assumed that supporting members were all Registered on TS so I kinda thought the game might be open to me. While listening to you guys finish the map you were on I brought my game up to speed, read the SOP's so I would be able to perform properly in game without being disruptive and then I requested permission to join the game. My mistake was forgetting that passwords shouldn't be said verbally over TS when I asked for it, so there was some reluctance to say it out loud (although I thought this night might be an exception after what I had read in that previous post, plus it was obvious to me that everyone in channel already knew the password so I was a bit confused as to why saying it then might present a problem). The reply I heard when requesting the password wasn't that is was half of the tg name, but that is had something to do with the tg name. I tried tg lowercase, uppercase... I tried the full name and finally decided to stop guessing. Here is where my being a bit over sensitive came into play. I shouldv'e said something rather than just leaving, but I was feeling unwelcome at that point and I don't stay where I am not wanted. I realize now that that wasn't anyones intention and feel bad about the whole thing. I know now no one intended any such thing and hope that I can join you guys in the future with no hard feelings...

Best Regards.... Fanatik

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                    ....all the rules and different SOP thought would scare some away...
                    I would think that's the reason many people DO come to play at Tactical Gamer. If we didn't want organized, structured, tactical play with rules and SOPs, we could go just about anyplace else.

Originally posted by Magnum50
                    and if we keep getting over burdened on the server, not yet, but we may see SM's only no ands, ifs, or but's. but thats for a later discussion... group hug now. ;)
                    Well, what about having multiple SWAT 4 nights, with different people assigned to the various nights? Mondays could be for one group, and another night could be for the other group.

Comment

Im really glad you replied, need to get this taken care of like it has been. No regrets no hard feelings, it happens. Glad to see all is good and well...

So what group wants me?....or why not use the RO server for a second swat server, it wouldnt always have to be running. Or the member server is always available for use.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Fanatik, I am a GR admin and am not currently registered on TS. I can' remember my un/pw(lol). SMs are not automaticly registered on TS. Oh and you are more than welcome to come over to AA we always need a few more vict... players. Fryday nights rock on the TG AA server.

Comment

I had assumed that supporting members were all Registered on TS
                          Definitely not the case. In fact, I believe I've seen TG admins (;)) that still haven't registered with the TS server yet.

I know now no one intended any such thing and hope that I can join you guys in the future with no hard feelings...
                          Hey, no problems here. Just be prepared to play the #1 team position for several weeks (months), with Trooper right behind you in the #2 position.... :D

Comment

why am i always the Member who people are scared to partner up with. It became clear last night when my partner closed the door behind me when entering a room... and yet i still keep coming back....lol :P
                            -Vulcan

Comment

I'm always afraid to make more nights for one game, because we at TG have so many games to play that we can never seem to fit them all in even once a week, twice would be impossible...

That said, the SWAT4 server is up 24/7 and it's passworded so none of these outsider run and gunners can get in... you guys can always organize your own games, day or night, I only wish I could join more often, 2 nights a week and about 50 games just don't match up, lol.

I'd like to keep Monday night for the dedicated SWAT players, then you guys pick another night for a "do-over' night, just realize, with people playing WOW, GR, GRAW, AA,OFP,RO,CoD, and god knows how many more... it's hard for some to show up on second nights, usually they have other games that they are obligated to play, or real life may get in the way.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X