Game Comms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Comms

After my first stint in the Monday night SWAT4 game and the derious issues with the VOIP in game it occured to me why use it at all?

We could get much higher quality by having a couple channels in the SWAT4 TS channel. Simply have one for Red and one for Blue. Simple key binds like "CTRL-SHIFT-B" for Blue channel can change the channel on the fly. Also a modifier key can be used with your transmit key to broadcast over a couple channels.

Programs like Teamspeak Overlay work fine in SWAT4 so you can even see what channel you are in and who is talking.

I just was NOT impressed with the SWAT 4 VOIP. It was too quiet and awkward to set to only hear your element.

Re: Game Comms

I agree with you, I would prefer sub-channels within TS for the different teams, but back when we started it was voted on and how we do it now was the winning vote... against my vote of course. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Here is the previous discussion on this subject. Since we have so many players now, maybe it would be wise to make a final decision on how comms should work.

1. Teamspeak with Teamspeak Overlay
      2. In-game VOIP

Which one? Let's hammer it out.

I'm cool with Option #1.

Comment

I think Teamspeak and TS Overlay are the way to go.

Comment

I agree, TS has better sound quality than the in-game voip. Some TS sub channels for red and blue are all that's really needed then we wouldn't need to use the in-game voip at all.

Comment

I personally have dual monitors going and have no problem recognising voices since its the same people playing. I will do what ever the majority want.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I run TS and TS overlay. I only use in game voice if we split the teams up.

Comment

I got the G15 Logitech keyboard so can see who's talking in TS, love it...

I've always said I think TS with sub-channels, like we do with AA, would work better and be more smoother... then again, i don't like splitting up the team either... I think the perfect team is 6 plus 1... 3 teams of 2, plus a EL.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Well it seems to me that the ast time this was discussed was shortly after the VOIP was introduced. Maybe it is time for a new vote since there are more people playing now and we have some experience with the VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido
                    Well it seems to me that the ast time this was discussed was shortly after the VOIP was introduced. Maybe it is time for a new vote since there are more people playing now and we have some experience with the VOIP.
                    Right.

I liked the TS/In-Game combo at the time because it doesn't require any fiddling around with settings or changing channels or anything complicated. It was simple to use one PTT for your team, and the other PTT to hit everyone playing. If everyone playing has hotkeys and can easily switch between channels, then I don't see a problem with using TS exclusively, though.

The quality of each was about equal for me, and I'm pretty picky about VOIP (can't stand the Source VOIP...).
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      (can't stand the Source VOIP...)
                      Over Source VOIP, most people sound like Charlie Brown's teacher to me!

Comment

I have to agree, the in-game VOIP was too low of a volume, and backround noise also. I prefer separate channels in team speak.

Comment

I would say Sub Chans in TS, as long as some one writes a tutorial on how to bind keys to switch chans, and how to bind buttons that will be your radio button(when pressed it sounds to all chans)

We did this back in GR1 days when Mic Chat was to much in some missions, it worked out good when every one had they stuff binded right.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingBEERmug
                            ...as long as some one writes a tutorial on how to bind keys to switch chans, and how to bind buttons that will be your radio button(when pressed it sounds to all chans)
                            Part of what you seek is here, courtesy of asch; read the other posts in that thread for additional help and tips.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X