another set of video clips...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another set of video clips...

OK, welcome to another episode of SWAT TALK, lol...

We had a good turn out last night, 10 peops...2 brand new guys, welcome rookies... But we all seemed to have a bad day in game, but fun and funny...

First off, please understand that IRL I teach patrol tactics and safety to my fellow officers, and being a cop of 20 plus years, and an instructor, I can be abrasive and a little too direct, and oddly, I seem to bring my "work" to this game, lol... so if I offended or upset anyone last night I apologize, I only yelled to teach you something important. All that know me, know that I take my tactical gaming, especially SWAT gaming more serious then I should. I have noticed that a few members that use to play SWAT with us haven't returned in a while, I sure hope it isn't due to my hardcore gameplay style, if it is you need to have the balls to tell me. (but if you don't play the game, then I don't want to hear that you think it's played too hardcore.)

I keep getting feedback that people love playing SWAT in "hardcore" mode... so I assume what we do is fun and tactical, let me know if I'm wrong.

OK, to the main show... I will explain each clip then have the clip underneath. (Recommend you right click and save as for stutter free viewing, but you don't have to, click the link should open it in your player.) Feedback and comments welcomed and encouraged.

A complete CF!
    This first one (and these clips are not in order) is a difficult hall way, with a closed door left, hallway turn right, with another closed door right, then a hallway turn left to another closed door... alot of damn turns. Couple things I want to point out...
    1st, you never pass a closed door. Team A should of moved to the first corner that turned right, (not into the turn), while team B covered then wedge that first door on the left. Then A should quick peek around the corner, engage if necessary or call clear. (I have no clue how Turbo died). Then with A covering the hallway turn, B goes around then moves to cover the next turn, once a quick peek is done, they can move left to cover the double doors, while A moves up to the door on the right. C would then move up to support A, and clear that room before proceeding as an element through the double doors.

There was to much moving around, get to your cover area then cover and stay put till ordered otherwise by the EL. If your still, and covering your sections, then the EL can look around and make decisions and commands to fit the situation.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWAT%20A%20CF!.wmv

Terrible rating
    Another terrible rating... menace, we got that alot last night, lol.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...E%20rating.wmv

Get out of the doorway
    On this one, the EL clearly orders A team to go left, B team right and Charlie team strait to the closed door. Alpha goes in good, but then Bravo team never goes right (even if no ones there go to your assigned area and get out of the doorway.) You'll notice my team, Charlie can't clearly go strait because bravos in the way... if a bad guy would of opened that far door, I wouldn't of been able to fire on him, so get the hell out of the doorway peops. lol

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...0the%20way.wmv

Failure to Cover
    OK, I was EL on this one, right at the beginning... Alphas team goes in and clears left, Bravo team enters and clears right then wedges the other door. Well the element went in OK but then Alpha got tired of covering there assigned hallway, he looks back to see what the other team is doing, I come in.. big and bad because I'm EL... and BANG, gunshot to the head from the left... Cover your assigned area! *Troopers fault, lol

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...to%20cover.wmv

Immediate Engagement
    This bad guy probably had no clue if SWAT was in the lobby, or how many... I wonder how many rounds he took from 10 officers, lol

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...Engagement.wmv

Magnum gets suckered
    Yep even I, the Hitler admin of SWAT screwed up (alot more then you guys think, lol)... I was covering the door while we stacked, a pretty young female hostage opens the door, sees me then runs back in... I get suckered a follow (not suppose to do that folks), a guy with an AK is kneeling and waiting, BANG I'm down... at 1st I thought my partner betrayed me, but not supporting me but after reviewing the vid, you can see FriedFish went in with me, and the other team closed the door on him, lol. Even if the primary officer does something stupid, like enter a room when not ready, the assigned back up officer must go with him.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...20suckered.wmv

Mirfee, you didn't see NOTHING
    Watch and listen to the timing of the shot to the third suspect and the compliance order... can you say "internal affairs" lol

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...20anything.wmv

The Bank Vault
    One of the hardest things to clear in the game IMO... but it can be done. first off, the EL has no confidence in his team, listen to his comments before entry, he already marked us dead.

The element moved downstairs perfectly, Alpha was covering long on left, Bravo moved up to the security desk and cover right, with Charlie covering the middle.
    I won't tell you what happened, the video will show you that, but TIMING IS EVERYTHING. The 2 flashes should of been thrown at the same time and the 2 teams should of moved in together FAST.

The best way to have done this. IMO
    Alpha cover left, Bravo cover right, Charlie cover center.
    A and B move up to a stack (left and right), On a count, A throws a flash right, Bravo to the left, criss crossing the flashbangs, then as soon as the bang went off, A team should of crisscrossed from left to right into the vault, B team from right to left into the vault. Charlie team would move in to support the left side due to the open area to the left, while A stacked on the new door.

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/SWA...nk%20Vault.wmv

There, hope you learned something, hope you come back for more SWAT action.
    Next week from this Fri to Wed, I'll be gone on vacation.. so next SWAT night you won't have the tyrant there, so you might actually enjoy the game. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: another set of video clips...

About that complete CF. My opinion is that you went the wrong way. That room is split into basically three corriders. I thought A was gonig far left, B was right and C was in the middle. So being number 3 I went down the right hand side of that room clearing as I went. I assumed A was on the far left and that C would have been between us.

Comment

hmm Bank Valult. Give us a break on that one, or at least me. I went down to 4 FPS before entering that vault. Pretty tough to get timing and movements down accurate there.

Comment

OK, no problem...that happens on some of the bigger maps... what you need to do is flush...

When in a nice safe location, hit your console key ` then type in flush, then hit enter, you'll freeze for about 3 seconds but then it will come back good, because you flushed the graphic cache.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Yeah yeah, the vault. Feh, it's an oddball door that's hard to throw bangs through. Not to mention all the rows to of stuff that protect bad guys from the effects of the bangs that do make it into the vault. Someone always dies when I send people in there. :row__592: Of course I didn't expect all 4 of you guys to go down. :madsmile: :madsmile: :madsmile: :madsmile:

Comment

Watch the Egagement one again, if that door dint open on turbo he would have eaten every single one of magnums rounds.....nice

Yeah and i wont take credit for Magnum dieing in "falure to cover"....you where standing in a hostle door.....come on
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

you clearly turned right to look what was going on, I was the EL I came in after all clear.. you failed, lol...

Oh, and why I tazed Trooper, because he was planning some plank on me, thats why he tried to casually move behind me, I just got him first! ;)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

actually i i was trying to get away so i wouldnt be number 1, figured someone else could do it...i should have just shoot at you, next time im bringing pepper spray.

No one said clear, the room was still hostle. Its okay, next time we will get riot shields so you dont die so much...lol
                -Vulcan

Comment

That Failure to cover thingy... I am still in SP mode I guess I saw him come out and did not fire.. I screamed "POLICE, DROP YOUR WEAPON".

I was hoping to save some kids' life and not to shoot young and confused ones. But he did not drop his weapon and pointed it to us. I knew Trooper was looking back so the pressure was on me. I fired, but he already got couple of shots towards us.

After I neutralized him I was thinking to myself "Good job for the first day.", and continued to wait for new orders. But nothing. Alas, the kid got the Element Leader.

I learned my lesson now though. In the future, if a suspect opens the door and comes out with guns I should shoot first and then yell. lol...

Comment

no the lesson is, dont count on trooper to be looking in the right direction. ADD kicked in and i looked around. No worries, thats why im ussually # 1 gets me dead and out of the way quick
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Ya at the vault I was dropping fps to, dont think it was cus of my hardware (duel core 165 amd 7800gt oc sli) I think i needed a restart, and also I was waiting for Tosh, who was not moving, or did not switch up when I said I was out of Fbs.

That night seems like the bad guys had the upper hand all night, the mission after magnum left, we stacked right, right as we open the door a guy shoots threw the crack in the door taking down 3/4 man stack. The crack being between the door and its jam, like where the pins go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X