SSF v.3.1 review, of sorts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSF v.3.1 review, of sorts

Friedfish and I tried out the SSF mod the www.sheriffdpt.com server to see how it might fit into a TG style game. Some of the features are nice, but others seem to add to the whole arcady style game play. One thing you notice right away is the speed in which you change back to your primary or secondary weapon. Its really fast, almost boarder line to fast.

You are given more choices for primary and secondary weapons, and some are inter-changeable, like the big grenade launcher can be your secondary and the G36 you primary. Some of the pistols can be equiped primary, while the shotty can be a secondary. I really like that feature. There are more weapons in this mod, like the Glock 17 and 19. The 17 is a full auto pistol, thats cool.

The aggressive arrest is really nice, just walk up and cuff them, no problems. But one thing me and fish both agreed on was the flash bangs. You flash a suspect they give up immediatly, almost no fun. Almost not worth flashing the guy if he isnt gonna fight back. Wedges, you are given 5 wedges for every 1 you equip, thats kind of nice actually.

We played 3 of the new maps included with the mod, not enough bad guys. Some cool small features like breakable glass and reflective mirrors.

Im sure fish can give more details about the mod but thats my first impressions. If it would be possible to turn some of the features off it might be good for the TG SWAT server, but as is i would say pass.
    Last edited by Trooper; 05-31-2006, 01:00 AM.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: SSF v.3.1 review, of sorts

Perhaps a mod of the SSF mod could be made for TG. First I think all the SWAT players should play several rounds on a SSF mod server and see which features they like and which they don't like. At that point we can then see how difficult it will be to tweak or remove the features from the SSF mod. Obviously that would be after permission was recieved from the makers of the SSF mod.

Comment

I have been playing the SSF through their single player campaign.

A nice surprise was that I remember some fo the maps from SWAT3. Others are plain DM maps that a few baddies are thrown into so they could add it to the single player game.

The M249 is nice to screw around with, I don't think it actually has a burst mode on the real thing but I could be wrong. In game it does.
      The pepper ball gun also has 50 shots, not 200.

If playing the single player watch out for brain dead teammates. So far I have seen one spot where one after another they walked into a room, got shot and waited for shot after shot until one was dead. Then the next would enter and same thing. On numerous occasions my teamates have done things like stand in front of doors being opened, entered rooms BACKWARDS, flashed ourselves and so on.

Word of caution on the hotel map as well. When clearing the kitchen area there is a closet with a hostage in it. The door is locked. If you breach the door will open and block access to the hostage. Effectively making it impossible to complete the mission.

other than those issues I have been having fun in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido
        Word of caution on the hotel map as well. When clearing the kitchen area there is a closet with a hostage in it. The door is locked. If you breach the door will open and block access to the hostage. Effectively making it impossible to complete the mission.
        Yeah, I had exactly this problem. I breached and then couldn't get to the woman because the door blocked me. I tried everything I could think of, but ended up shooting her to end the mission (and my misery). When I did the mission again, I was sure not to breach the door. I had no problems that time.

Other than that, the hotel map is interesting (although the "silent" helicopter on the roof is kinda weird).

Comment

I downloaded each of those mods, but have yet to install and try them out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X