SWAT 4 Night 06/05/2006 (Monday)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT 4 Night 06/05/2006 (Monday)

General information for this recurring event is available here.

Please be sure to read this SOP so you'll be familiar with how we do things!

Let's try to improve upon our use of the SOP so we perform more smoothly as a team. Also, when we have a large team (eight members or more), what about the idea of splitting into two teams? It would be a more efficient use of our numbers, and it would be easier to manage. I know it goes against reality, but it could be considered a concession for the sake of gameplay.

Re: SWAT 4 Night 06/05/2006 (Monday)

After trying the split team route in GR last night, I think this is an interesting suggestion. It certainly increases the amount of gameplay for everyone, and decreases the micromanaging needed to lead a large group.

Comment

Great turnout for SWAT 4 last night. :row__681:

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
        Great turnout for SWAT 4 last night. :row__681:
        Ya I know, I tried to join a game of CTI where Apophis was teaching how to play but I got their to late and no one was in the SWAT 4 channel so I just logged after listening for awhile. Their is always next Monday or Saturday night. :row__523:

Comment

For those of us who weren't aware of the CTI training, in the case of similar future events, could we get a notification when several folks won't be showing up? Just a post here in the SWAT 4 forums would help.

Comment

sorry strag, it was kind of last minute and thrown together. Id be up for a make up swat night tonight....shows that sound....
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I raced home from my vacation, from Orlando to Naples, to make it for SWAT night, joined TS at 2140 hrs Eastern and saw none in the SWAT channel, so left to watch "I walk the line" with the wife, lol, Good movie by the way, thou not a Country music fan.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                sorry strag, it was kind of last minute and thrown together. Id be up for a make up swat night tonight....shows that sound....
                Many games at TG really seem to work when there is at least one dedicated night per week for them. Look at Ghost Recon, America's Army, and SWAT 4 -- once we established a night for each, we started to see good turnouts and solid gameplay. I'd hate to see these games fall back into their voids because we stopped having regular nights for them. Having an ad hoc "make up" night would probably work for a few people, but you're not going to get the solid crowds that a scheduled night will bring. In other words, you're not going to grow the playerbases of these games.

Comment

I'm sorry, that was my fault.. I'll make sure not to interfere with the SWAT 4 events in the future.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

i completely agree, it was a one time thing and a quick one at that. Something new was found and tried, next week we will be back on track
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                      I'm sorry, that was my fault.. I'll make sure not to interfere with the SWAT 4 events in the future.
                      I'm just saying that a notification would have been helpful, so that we could have let everyone in the TG SWAT 4 community know the plan ("SWAT 4 Night cancelled for this week," or something similar).

And by the way, shouldn't you be JOINING us for SWAT 4 events in the future? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
                        I'm just saying that a notification would have been helpful, so that we could have let everyone in the TG SWAT 4 community know the plan ("SWAT 4 Night cancelled for this week," or something similar).

And by the way, shouldn't you be JOINING us for SWAT 4 events in the future? :D
                        I don't have it fully re-installed yet. So I've been playing OFP. :)
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                          I don't have it fully re-installed yet. :)
                          This from the man who installs and configures game servers via BlackBerry. Bah! ;)

Comment

I saw the server up with no one on it, not that I could have joined due to not being a member.

Magnum I think popped into TS or maybe even the CGI game as someone said, hey theres Maganum, LOL.

Look forward to playing with you guys one day.

The_Doorman Out
                            I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
                            Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by The_Doorman
                              Look forward to playing with you guys one day.
                              Welcome, The_Doorman! Looking forward to playing with you soon.

Send a Private Message to either TG_Mateo or Magnum50 to see about joining the SWAT 4 server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X