SWAT 4 skins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT 4 skins

Okay This is something ive wanted to do just for fun, my ass its not fun. Fried and me just spent a couple hours getting it right, makeing sure it looks good and such. Im going to be making some standard skins with our names on the backs. Just something simple all black with white lettering. Im not really sure how many people actually are gonna be playing swat so im going to do a few to begin with, the regulars, and i can make more as people start playing more.

I will keep you up dated about that in the next few days.

Again thanks for the help fried
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: SWAT 4 skins

Very cool to hear. Can't wait to see em. Thanks!

Comment

Sounds awesome.

I know you're trying to keep it as simple as possible, but if you could somehow fit a "7th > 2nd" in there, that'd be grrreat. :madsmile:
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

17!...i just created 17 vests for the members that play SWAT, granted not all play on a regular basis but still thats alot of people. I just need to create the Light vests and put it all together..more on this as i get it done
        -Vulcan

Comment

SuhWEEEET!

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            17!...i just created 17 vests for the members that play SWAT, granted not all play on a regular basis but still thats alot of people. I just need to create the Light vests and put it all together..more on this as i get it done
            VERY nice! Is this something that we can help you with? Is there a file that can be easily edited and then given back to you to be included in the skin? (Or did this question come to late?)
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Its just easier for me to keep Photoshop open, edit the name, save as, then move onto the next one....but thanks for asking. There might come a time when we would need some imput from members. Fried and me have talked about doing a mod for SWAT TG style, just some simple changes that would make the game more tg....but who knows where thats going.

Okay the vests are done, i just need to put them in a texture file and make the skin files, im hoping by tonight this will be up and working...shouldnt take long...
              Last edited by Trooper; 06-05-2006, 03:39 PM.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Trooper uber alles!
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

my question... how will the game know what names are on different players... I understand that we would have to have all the uniforms downloaded and installed to see them, but would you pick your name in the skin choice, and others would then see it?

wouldn't it be easier to have like TG SWAT or something on the back... then to have custom made ones for every player?

know matter what, great job Trooper, I'm just asking questions because I don't understand how the game program see's each skin/name.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Under the skin section of your choices...how it has the default or IGN skin, it will have Trooper Magnum ect....you pic yours and wear it. Everyone will have all the skins, so you can see all the skins. And i willl have a new texture file for everyone to install. WOnt be hard, now that im home i can finish that up and hopefully i will have something posted about it for tonights SWAT night.

hows disiney land?
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Magnum, it would be easier to just have a single TG-SWAT vest, but Trooper wanted names on the back, so that's what he's working towards. :madsmile:

If Trooper built the texture file right, and if everyone gets 3 types of vests, then the texture file will only be about 500KB for each player. So in order to see the skins, you'll install a single TG texture file into the texture directory, then a tiny skin file for each player in the CustomSkins directory.

The 3 vest types are heavy, light, no-armor. I'm not sure how many of those Trooper is planning on customizing.

Comment

i made a whole new texture with the basics, heavy pants light pants and the face...the no armour vest isnt customized, could be if people want it. Then all the skins will just like into that texture file...should be done shortly...i need a drink...
                        -Vulcan

Comment

You, sir, rock!

There, I've said it.

Comment

sounds great, can't wait to try it out, though I won't be at tonights swat games,,, I have to work!

Comment

They are done! You can download them there.

Instructions to install:

Unzip the package and there are 2 folders inside. Open up your Swat 4 folder and you will see another folder named contentexpansion, open it. then you will see a folder labeld customskins, thats where the contents of the skin folder go, copy and paste them into there. Go back on step and open the texture folder in the contentexpansion folder, copy and paste the TGskin file into there. I will be on TS later tonight if any questions should come up.
                              s
                              http://www.tacticalsites.com/~trooper/skinpack.zip
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...