TG mini mod for swat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG mini mod for swat

This might be jumping the gun but if its would ever be possible to create a TG style swat mod for our server and game what kinds of things would you guys like to see in this. Ive kind of got a mental list of things that would/should already be in the game

Door check
    aggressive arrest

anything else.....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: TG mini mod for swat

More fake surrenders, more suspects posing as hostages, more suspects who get restless and shoot you with hidden / dropped weapons quicker, more agressive suspects, more unpredictable hostages.

Actually, I'd love to have a couple human controlled suspects hidden amongst the CPU controlled ones. That'd be awesome. And I call Tango!
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Remove optiwands and any other non-realworld toys (Magnum's input required) from available inventory.

Reduce HUD info. Can't remember precisely what all is on there to recommend at the moment.

That's all I can think of right now. Gotta go to work. :(

Comment

Thats what I suggust... remove the HUD info, don't need a visual count of rounds, don't need to see where/if your injured... and really, besides the opitwand we don't use unrealistic stuff already... and the optiwand is real, but only about 10 departments (usually the really big ones like LA and NY) have them.

You, as EL can say...no wands, some might want them...

I would like added, but probably not possible, a shield for the front man and a ram or hammer (like in Lockdown) for forced entries.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

A shield would be awesome, as well as more realistic suspects (faking surrenders and using hidden/dropped weapons more often). Though, I think you should keep where you are injured, because it does affect stuff you do (hand = worse aiming, leg = slower walking, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by DeGreatSaiyaman
            Though, I think you should keep where you are injured, because it does affect stuff you do (hand = worse aiming, leg = slower walking, etc).
            The suggestion is to hide only the graphic indicating what part is injured. The *effects* of injury would still remain. There's just no need to see what's red. If you're hit in the leg(s), you're obviously going to limp/move slower. Same with arms... your ret will be more sensitive to movement, and will close more slowly (indicating poorer control of the weapon). Having a graphic to indicate that is just redundant and takes up valuable screen space.

Comment

Ah, I thought you meant to remove it entirely.

There are several weapons that are in desperate need of removal, as well.

Comment

What about suspects using human shields, and shooting hostages if they see you.

Comment

The doors, fixed the freakin doors.
                  Doors only open one way, very few doors open both ways.
                  Incremental opening, ala RB6.
                  Reusable wedges.

Another door annoyance is the way you and suspects can clip through them, especially when they are open they can pass right theough you. Although this "feature" I highly doubt can be addresed in a mod.

The_Doorman Out.
                  I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
                  Voltaire

Comment

Can't reuse wedges, since they have to be broken to be removed. Incremental opening's not there since real SWAT teams don't do that, iIrc.
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I think any mini mod for time sake, would have to be based on an existing mod. So for example, you might like some but not all of the features of say the SSF mod, we might be able to remove the features we didn't like but keep the ones we did like. Remember removing stuff is easier than adding totally new features. I doubt anyone working on a mini-mod would have time to do new animations, models, textures and new code in any reasonable amount of time.

Comment

Rgr that guys,
                        Just venting I geuss.
                        I think the most requested feature of a SWAT4 mod would be an improved crosshair bloom, accurracy and hitting power.
                        Second most is the suspect AI's ungodly aim.

The_Doorman Out.
                        I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
                        Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X