Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doorman, the open spectator mode?

Doorman,

I was just visiting your web site and was wondering what and how is that over the top spectator mode mod working, in your screenshot...

I have a list of cheats for SP that allow me to do that, but I wanted something like that for co-op mode so I could spectator and record proper stacks and entries, (cheats don't work in MP)...

Could you share your info please... thx in advance.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Doorman, the open spectator mode?

Doorman,

Reading more into your tips, you seem to have a pretty good understanding on how SWAT 4 works... program wise...

couple questions, if you know the answer to them...

1. Can you completely remove the HUD overlay, like the body outline that shows damage, and the magazines?

2. Can you remove text or response messages from the screen... still have the player use them and the audio says play like "clear" etc ect... but no text display.

thats about it for now, might post a follow up soon. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Magnum,
      I use the SES Gez admin mod to do that on my dedicated SWAT4 server.
      Ya that overhead free roam spectate mode is very cool, and whenever I get killed "on my server" I do exactly what you want to do, get an overhead look at the action. In my case I'm just watching I don't instruct the team. The cool thing is that you can set it to admins only, or everybody. To enter it you have to input a command either thru the console or through akeybind, I use a keybind.

kick cc join (puts you back into the game)
      kick cc spec (puts you into free spectator mode)
      kick cc view (lets you view through the eyes of players on your team)

The SES Gez admin mod allows the free roam spectate mode. Its a server side mod only, clients do not need to have it. The main page of my admin site describes some of its features.

swat4ses.co.uk/gezmods/

This mod is up to version 18 now, at verson 17 he also incorperated a HTML admin interface, its pretty cool but needs alot more features.

I will look into the HUD and text questions.

I'm not a coder but have always been a big console command user, I like to know how games I play work, kind of a inquisitive type of guy.

The_Doorman Out.
      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
      Voltaire

Comment

Thx for the info... don't really want to use it on TG's server, because we like keeping everything clean and honest... but would like to use it as a tool for recording training video's on our own put up server...
        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Ya and it would have to be uploaded to it the TG server, kind of a pain in the arse if access is limited. Once its uploaded one would probally have to change the CFG file several times to set it up, not an easy thing on a limited access hosted server.

It would work very well with the TG skins as players names are not shown above their headss in this spectate mode.

The_Doorman Out.
          I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
          Voltaire

Comment

If you want to check it out I am putting a server up right now.

The name of the server is Doormans Domain.

A note of the spectator mode, there has to be at least two people in the game, if you go into it while in the server by yourself it will end the current round.

The_Doorman Out
            Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X