new maps for the server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new maps for the server?

OK... SWAT4 is a fantastic and unique squad shooter, but frankly I'm getting tired of the default 12 co-op maps over and over... and I think that might be why were not as strong membership wise as we were a month or two ago...

So what I want to do is this... find 12 great new co-op maps, provide the name and link if you have it (most likely I already have it)... I will test each map and if it works without error or tearing will combine it into one pack, will then ask Apophis to upload them into our SWAT4 server for testing... then share it online for all the members to download... not a mod, just our own map pack of approved and tested maps.

If you make a suggestion please make sure that the map does not require it's own textures, which is what we believe caused our hosting problems last time, some do... just pure clean co-op maps that should be just one file.

PS I have to work Monday night, so I won't be there... but will try and get this map pack up and running before next week.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: new maps for the server?

I've only played a few extra maps, mostly from the SSF mod 3.1. I'll try and find some time to grab the maps as stand alone and give them a try.

What happen the last time maps were added?

Comment

it crashed the server... but I think it was the additional textures some maps require, thats why I want to try good clean co-op maps only this time.

(hosting them works for me, I can host my own server with all those maps, just TG's server seemed to have a problem.)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I checked out Ashes and Ghosts, available on 10-david. Nice short map with a couple of challenging rooms.

I also looked at SSFNightRescue. I didn't really care for it, seems most of the map space is used to make a human playable sniper position.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, but it is hard for me to find the time to experiment, play around and such. I'll go with what ever we do.....It's all good!

Comment

I'll be happy to download and install whatever you decide on.
            [volun]

Comment

Talk to the big guy. I gave my copy of SWAT4 away when I went to Linux. I'm on Vista now, but sans SWAT4. I'm sure he would put whatever you guys want on there.

Comment

I'd like to see Blackwater 1.1 from hot-swat-mods.

Comment

still working on this, want to make a list, test all, then will request they be added...

BTW, working again this Monday night (short of people), so won't be on again... will be on Sunday night for whatever thou.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Yeah, I've been testing maps. It takes time and I've only tested 4 maps so far. I tested PrecinctHQ, a remake of a Splinter Cell map, and it's a good map but it doesn't have objectives for Co-op. I'll keep testing maps and posting about the ones I think should be added to the server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X