widescreens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widescreens

Probably a simple question, but last time I played SWAT 4 I was using an old CRT moniter. Now I have a nice 22" LCD widescreen moniter and wondering about resolutions to match?
    Native resolution is 1680x1050.

Re: widescreens

http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/SWAT_4

You probably want to bookmark that wiki now that you have a widescreen monitor.

There's also this site for widescreen gaming settings:
    http://www.widescreengamingforum.com....php/Main_Page

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Just me or does that just stretch things out. Still looks good though. Would be really nice if we could get teh benefit of wider view angles.

Comment

I don't know what it looks like first hand but the wiki says it crops the image. Most games do that when widescreen isn't truly supported.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Okay so it tell me to edit Swat4.ini file. problem is I don't have that file. I ran the program, played a little (annoying with chunk of screen off moniter) and looked again, still no INI file.

Do I have to try to make on up now?

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido View Post
            Okay so it tell me to edit Swat4.ini file. problem is I don't have that file. I ran the program, played a little (annoying with chunk of screen off moniter) and looked again, still no INI file.

Do I have to try to make on up now?
            Everyone has that file. You cant play the game without it. You may have to go into Windows Explorer > Folder Option > View > Click Radio Button "Show hidden files and Folders"

Then go look for the file. In the vanilla version is "Swat4.ini". And in the Expansion pack it's "Swat4X.ini". Both files are in the "System" Folder of their respective paths.

PS: There is a file called "Swat4(X).int". This is not the file you want!

Cheers
            TO
            SSF Mod maker

Comment

Ahh, I wish that were true.

You can run the game with no problem if you delete the Swat4.ini file. The game should be creating the .ini file if it does not find one.

I am using Vista and have now tried it in compatibility mode, run as administrator, both, and just plain Vista. Tried running it from the Autorun screen when you put in the disk, from desktop shortcuts, from start menu shortcutrs, and also straight from the Swat4 folder.

Still no Swat4.ini file.

As far as I can tell I should be able to see hidden files. I know I can see hidden folders in other folders. So i am assuming I can see hidden files here. For the life of me I can not find the option to change that setting again though. Or default folder options for that matter either.

So frustrating, but i can actually play the game but I don't think it is saving any of my preferences, like volume levels, key configurations, etc...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X