State of the Server...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Server...

OK boys and Girls... our little trial period for the SWAT 4 server is NOT going well... we haven't had even the basic number of 5 show up for our Sunday SWAT call-outs... even though people post they will be there... not a problem, but if your NOT going to show, why say it? I was hoping for at least 5...5 gamers is all it takes, and most missions are completed in under 30 minutes... so for an hour or two at the most every Sunday... you could have some serious tactical action, and learn a thing or too...

Well I have SimHQ members who want to play, but when Apophis offered up a TG server again, I took it hoping that TG members would want back in... guess i was wrong...

Will test one more Sunday, Jan. 27th at 8 PM Eastern... if we don't get a minimum of 5 then...well it was a nice try... but my gaming time is limited and will find something else.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: State of the Server...

I intended to be there, and I was there...just an hour late. Your timing on Sundays isn't conducive fpr gaming to those guys (like me) with family lives. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been in TGU classes and Sunday ArmA coop as well. Next Sunday I won't be in the same situation I was in this Sunday (kids snowed in at my place for an extra night) so I should have no problem making it.
    | | |

Comment

I asked last week if the date and time was bad...no answer.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I don't think I caught that...my bad. I shouldn't have any problem making next Sunday at that time. But a little grace period...like an hour...wouldn't hurt for the late comers. When I got on last night (around 8:45 EST), I saw Atomicmime in the TS channel, then I read your post that you canceled for no-shows. Even with me and mime I don't think you would have gotten your five though, unfortunately.

I'm pumped to play this with TG so c'mon guys, lets turn out and show some interest! :D
        | | |

Comment

Actually we had 4 waiting from 8 to 8:30... The only reason I schedule events and leave for no shows, is that i work the night shift, so am only off Sun and Mon evenings, the last thing I want to do on a gaming night is sit and wait... left and played some excellent Steel Beasts action...

but I understand what your saying.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

No worries man. I got similar problems of my own in other areas...so I completely understand the frustration. I'll do my best to get there on time next Sunday, God willing.
            | | |

Comment

I would like to try out the co-op on SWAT 4 (only played the SP missions and a little team vs team) but I don't own the expansion.

Comment

I was there waiting with Magnum, Jamerica, and AtomicMime.

Comment

I understand why the server is set to allow TG Supporting Members only, but I think that might be one reason why there is such a low turn-out. Maybe we (er..."you", rather) should open it up to all TG members for now. If it gets to the point where the SM's can't even get in, then you can start restricting again...
                  ...just an idea.
                  Personally, I'd LOVE to play SWAT4 TG-style, and I think plently of others would, too!

Comment

Yeah, I definitely would. But I think that's Apo's call.
                    | | |

Comment

Actually if you read the announcement thread it says SM's have priority... but anyone registered in these forums can play.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        Actually if you read the announcement thread it says SM's have priority... but anyone registered in these forums can play.
                        So is this statement outdated in the SOPs?

Originally posted by SWAT 4 SOP
                        The Tactical Gamer SWAT4 server has been password protected. The password can be found in the Tactical Gamer Member-Only Password List. Due to the 10 slot player limitation of SWAT 4, it was deemed necessary to reserve this server for Tactical Gamer Supporting Members only.
                        | | |

Comment

yes... sorry...that was back when we had no problem getting players and needed the spots for SM's. lol
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for clearing that up! :D
                            | | |

Comment

My bad yesterday was in mood to play with the packer loss, and I think the game was going on during the time, I will be there next sunday.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X